i. c. hit n miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My version of Brian Rupnow's I.C. Hit & Miss Engine, it took awhile but I did get it done, thanks to all who helped along the way! It was a real learning experience. A special thanks to Brian!

Krankie Frankie

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QinP4Iq5sA4[/ame]

The Hitting & Missing was very good and positive. Will find time to tune my Rupnow H&M to match yours.
I got myself burnt-out as I was trying to fine tune to get the H&M phenomenon. I did get it but not as positive as yours. Please advise tuning method.

Congrats.

First I would like to thank you one and all for you very generous compliments they are much appreciated. Also I want to explain how that gob of wire got on the cam gear, the shoulder bolt the gear runs on would unscrew, so I reached back forty five years to when I was in the US Air Force, they had my working on air refueling tankers and every thing on those airplanes that had a thread on it had a wire on it to keep it tight. I thought of Loctite however disassembly would be a problem, it looks a little crude but it works. As for timing and tuning I had no real idea how to do that so I followed what Brian posted (283 & 284 on page 29) I also used the carb that Brian posted. (the one with the 2/56 screw) I worked as a machinist/mold maker for forty years so making the parts was not a problem, getting the parts to do what they are supposed to do at the right time was a learning experience.

krankie frankie

Frankie--You have made a marvelous job on my engine!! I have lost track now, but I think there are about ten of them running in various countries around the world. Yours is one of the best running I have seen.---Brian Rupnow

Thank you Mr. Rupnow given the fact that I have no design skills I could not have done it with out you.

krankie frankie

She's a beauty, Frankie! There's something mesmerising about the flyball 'skirt' rising and falling with each hit and miss. Gotta add one of these to my list ...

Latest posts

Back