Looking for hit and miss engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That engine was designed by Phillip Duclos and is in one of the books he published, and is called a six cycle engine. Do a web search using his name---if you can't come up with plans, I will send you the correct name and i.s.b.n. number of the book.---Brian rupnow

Hello Brian, on second thought please post the book's title and isbn.
Thanks again,
Rich

Thank you again. I did not realize that engine was in shop wisdom.

That engine was designed by Phillip Duclos and is in one of the books he published, and is called a six cycle engine. Do a web search using his name---if you can't come up with plans, I will send you the correct name and i.s.b.n. number of the book.---Brian rupnow
I'm interested in that planetary clutch. I can see lots of uses for that.

This engine resembles the Duclos engine in that it has the crank pin connecting the 2 flywheels together style(ala Harley Davidson) but that is about it. I did the overhead valve here and Philip's engine did the valve cage design.
My design is a 4-cycle but wouldn't take much to make it a 6-cycle. The 6-cycle is to help aid in cooling but have had no issues with over-heating even when under load and with a load, as with the miniature ice-cream making video, I needed more power impulses a 4cycle provides.
I haven't had time to do individual drawings for the intent of publishing and have moved on to other projects(clocks). Maybe in the future when I retire from the "9-5" grind and work-down the honey-do list I'll take the time to make individual paper sketches.
About the closest thing to individual sketches is the 3-D Inventor vid showing most of the individual parts in an assembly that might give some insight to my design. Later, Rick.

Back