I am going to build a LEGO engine... I hope :D

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enginedude1

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time, no see. I was just lookin at all my legos and saw this little "engine" and got some ideas.
mine1.jpg

Maybe, with some mods, I could use one of the cylinders, some timing stuffs, a flywheel, and some other modded parts, and stuffs, to make it a basic air powered engine. I could time it to let air into the cylinder which would push it down, and then, with the flywheels help, the cylinder would come back up, and the cycle would continue. What do you think? I have a drill and some tubing, so I could probably do it. I just don't know how I would get the timing to work. Also, would that little cylinder be able to power a flywheel that would actually bring the piston back up? I don't know. But, I am going to try it. :) I will probably try to start designing stuff tonight/tomorrow. I have school tomorrow so I need to get some sleep. :D Anyway, if anyone has some tips for how I would do the timing with legos, please let me know. I really haven't a clue. :D Anyway, thanks! I'll post an update tonight or tomorrow or whenever I get something started. Anyway, thanks! :)

It has been done my son figuured out how when he was 14 or so
Jim%20Volkening%20Collection%203c.jpg

tin

Hey, I just saw that Lego engine in Waltham at the NEMES show! I didn't realize I was talking to Mr and Mrs Falcon themselves!

well now you know . my display has been described as unusual and recognizable.
Tin

Yes, I recognized it from previous years. And I even saw the HMEM banners, but didn't think much about it.

drysdam said:
Hey, I just saw that Lego engine in Waltham at the NEMES show! I didn't realize I was talking to Mr and Mrs Falcon themselves!

I could say the same!

My son spotted it from his wheelchair while I was admiring David Osier's elbow engine next door.

Thayer

I'm not that far away Thayer.....if you need some help let me know

Dave

Latest posts

Back