HPI Baja 5b SS Kit

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I was test the BAJA in the dust... ehehehe !

More some pictures and a video...
DSC00215.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

My assistant... eheheheh!
DSC00227.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

The result...
DSC00276.jpg

Now, the video...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bKjQkAtTZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bKjQkAtTZ0[/ame]

Take care,

Alexandre

Great Video Alexandre! Glad you got to play!

;D

Dave

Alexandre

Glad to see that you have your car running and making dust. You are so lucky to have both a dirt track and a paved track to run your car on. It takes a bit of practice to get everything coordinated but I can well imagine that the smile was as big on your face as it was on your daughters face. Thanks for sharing that with us. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

very nice model.
i used to race 1/10th scale buggy with OSmax 3.5 CC ic engines. i gave up when my van with all my models, spare parts, engines controlls and tools got stolen :-[ :-[

now back to workshop for you, start fabbing suspension wishbones, chassis and such from high grade aluminum. i found even on 1/10 the stock parts didnt hold up heavy racing ;D

Hi Alexandre!!

I was starting to wonder if you had disappeared...
Now i know the reason you have been so quiet for a long time, the big move back home!! ;D

It looks like a beautiful city!!!

Hopefully you can set up a shop now and start working with the lathe!

Andrew

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for all the great pictures. It sure looks like you have a great track there to race your cars. It looks like one site for cars and airplanes. Your daughter sure looks like she is enjoying herself. Keep on having fun. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

jpeter said:
Speaking of license, here in the US if Homeland Security has its way your gonna need one to fly RC or in the worst case not fly RC at all. AMA's been fighting it. I hope they're successful.

well, over here you do need license to fly RC airplanes. and still than you are only allowed to fly on fields that belong to a club that have a license to use it as airfield. not just anywhere. sound restrictions are getting rediculus slowly and i wonder when inviroment freaks start pounding on emissions................ :-\
pascal

Hey Alexandre! Great looking Track!

Hope you like the home!

Dave

Hi Guys,

Today I needed to do a maintenance on my Baja, some parts warped after a spectacular overturns... see some pictures...

2012-05-05184608.jpg

2012-05-05184617.jpg

2012-05-05184633.jpg

2012-05-05184935.jpg

2012-05-05184854.jpg

2012-05-05184839.jpg

2012-05-05185136.jpg

2012-05-05185111.jpg

2012-05-05185308.jpg

2012-05-05185358.jpg

2012-05-05185404.jpg

Cheers,

Alexandre Machado

Looks like my sons car after a race.....an hour on the track....3 hours in the pits!

but it's a fun hour! :big:

Looks like you got yor work cut out for you Alexandre....Are you going to do any mods to strengthen it?

Dave

stevehuckss396 said:
Wow! Looks like you were having some serious fun with it.
Absolutely!!!

steamer said:
Looks like you got yor work cut out for you Alexandre....Are you going to do any mods to strengthen it?
Not yet, Dave... but soon... now I will change the parts with defects only.

And I want think a form to install a disc brake on each rear wheel, with sensor hall to measuring wheel speed, inclusive of the front wheels and processing the informations for commanding four servos, one for each wheel, that trigger a hydraulic cylinder, also one for each wheel, as the ABS in a full cars and traction control.

Now I'm here... in Solidworks... thinking... thinking... soon I post something !

Cheers,

Alexandre

That's how we went with my son's car....but we left the suspension arms of plastic. It is good to let them good in a wreck as it saves the chassis.

Dave

Back