HPI Baja 5b SS Kit

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agmachado

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Last Wednesday, my kit HPI Baja 5b SS arrived... very, very cool... I started the assembly at the same time and on friday it was completed!

See some photos... with my daughter together!
DSC00130.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Today I throttled enough to soften the engine ... very, very fun!

I am planning some things with this model, maybe a multi-cylinder engine 4-stroke ... eheheheh!

Take care,

Alexandre

Very nice!

I just love anything remote controlled. I do have an old kyosho asphalt racer lying around, engine is working but need new gears. Also remember a really old model we had, with a manual 10-speed planetary gearbox with reverse. It was a nice looking Nissan terrano scale model.

Great fun these small cars :)

She's adorable but don't you think she's a bit young to drive something like that?

Alexandre

That RC is so big you should have a driving licence to play with it! ;D
Let`s see now what a taig can do for this beauty!

Great buy!

Hi Guys,

Thanks...

My daughter is really small for this model, but she is always with me... she says: "- When I grow up I'll have one of these to run with my father!" - Really? What do you think? ;D

Steve, yes... to you have an idea... it has almost 1m of length!!! See the specifications... http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/10610/

In the next wednesday, the body will be painted... and I will post new pictures... okay ?

Cheers,

Alexandre

wow that d@me thing is almost half a meter wide!!
it probably has a higher top speed than my family car :big:
nice one
Pete

Slicks and wheelie bars, sorry, I can't wait for racing season. Very nice race car Alexandre, and a pretty pit crew also. All a guy needs.
Dave

Hi Alexande,

Very cool piece of machinery, I love anything r/c, thats why I call myself rc freak.
You can get all sorts of hot up parts for the 5BSS including little supercharger kits and NO2, nothing like a squir of laughing gas to get things going.
Good to see other members getting their children involved, Train them young I reckon
Both my girl and boy are following closely asking hundreds of questions along the way, Funny enough my 13 year old girl is competant to programme and execute the manufacture of basic parts on my mini cnc lathe. Would love to see a video of the r/c soon.

Barry

OK so yea ahhh how about some kickin video!?

;D th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp

My son and I built up a car based on the Vendetta ST with a Baja body...its only 10" long but it does wheelies goes 40 mph with a brushless and Lipo's ! ;D YAAAAHOOOO! Had so much fun I bought one too! :big: :big:

Just what I need ...another project! ::)

Dave

steamer said:
OK so yea ahhh how about some kickin video!?

;D th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp

My son and I built up a car based on the Vendetta ST with a Baja body...its only 10" long but it does wheelies goes 40 mph with a brushless and Lipo's ! ;D YAAAAHOOOO! Had so much fun I bought one too! :big: :big:

Dave
Dave

I wonder if maybe there are a couple of errors in this quote. I have taken the liberty of trying to correct them based on previous experience with my son.

My son and I built up a car (my son patiently watched) based on the (what kind of car is this daddy?) Vendetta ST with a Baja body...its only (Daddy, how big is it?) 10" long but (Daddy will it do wheelies?) it does wheelies and (Daddy, how fast will it go?) goes 40 mph with (Daddy, what is a brushless hippo?) a brushless and Lipo's ! ;D YAAAAHOOOO! (My son was getting so disappointed just watching :wall: :wall:) Had so much fun (Daddy can I have a turn too, Please?) I bought one for him too! :big: :big:

Really you do Dave :hDe:
Cheers *beer*

Don

PS: Dave ;D th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp

My 18 year old son bought the Chinese version of this buggy for around $600 AU without radio about 2 years ago, and it really flies. He added a new 30cc motor, custom chrome expansion chamber on it that snakes around the back and a trick clutch. All the parts are interchangeable with the HPI Baja (probably come out of the same factory)
You will have a heap of fun with it, I have seen him get it 6ft in the air and clear 15-20 ft long over jumps.
A few months ago I made him a 3mm steel top plate at the back that also goes around and holds the brake, because the aluminum one is a weak link.
After destroying the first motor he bought a sock type thing that goes over the pull start vents to stop dust and rocks getting in. There are also material shock cover which are recommended to make them last longer.

Dave

dsquire said:
Dave

I wonder if maybe there are a couple of errors in this quote. I have taken the liberty of trying to correct them based on previous experience with my son.

My son and I built up a car (my son patiently watched) based on the (what kind of car is this daddy?) Vendetta ST with a Baja body...its only (Daddy, how big is it?) 10" long but (Daddy will it do wheelies?) it does wheelies and (Daddy, how fast will it go?) goes 40 mph with (Daddy, what is a brushless hippo?) a brushless and Lipo's ! ;D YAAAAHOOOO! (My son was getting so disappointed just watching :wall: :wall:) Had so much fun (Daddy can I have a turn too, Please?) I bought one for him too! :big: :big:

Really you do Dave :hDe:
Cheers *beer*

Don

PS: Dave ;D th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp th_wwp

Don't want to hijack the thread....We'll wait for Alexandre...then some of "The Beast"....I've got 4 lipo's all charged...might even fix my car today 8)

Rof} Rof} Rof} :bow:

OOOOOH Yeah Last night I let HIM fix the gearbox on it........NO REALLY........ :big:

Dave

Hi Guys,

Today I confirmed... really is very, very cool this model!!

The body was finished and the look also is very nice !!!

Some more pictures...

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Take care,

Alexandre

Nice looking Car Alexandre!

Cute kid too! ;D

Dave

Alexandre

That looks like a great car and it will be a lot of fun to run. Thanks for posting the pictures of it. Have lots of fun with it but don't break too many pieces. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

That's one very serious model :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

nice, very nice
Pete

Alexandre, great looking racer,and little Angel with it. thank you for posting. larry1

t_ottoboni said:
Alexandre

That RC is so big you should have a driving licence to play with it! ;D
Let`s see now what a taig can do for this beauty!

Great buy!

Speaking of license, here in the US if Homeland Security has its way your gonna need one to fly RC or in the worst case not fly RC at all. AMA's been fighting it. I hope they're successful.

Latest posts

Back