Howzit from South Africa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacool

Reaction score
I am refrigeration mechanic,specializing in energy efficient systems.About lathes and milling i know very little.Grinding drilling and welding is what my metal working skills entails.I bought a mini lathe and been practicing and learning to work it for past 3 week.I have started building a Case steam tractor.I downloaded the free plan of the internet.I sure this all dog can be taught new tricks

Hi Sacool. Looking forward to seeing your Case steam build. Us old dogs are always learning new tricks thanks to HMEM

Welcome sacool, you will certainly pick up some new tricks from this forum, all the members are very helpful.

Paul.

Hi Sacool,

Welcome from faraway Singapore.
After 3 years from ''zero'' I succeeded building and running three nos. 4 stroke I.C. Engines.The HMEM members were very helpful. Foto show my current build which is about to start and run next week. Same engine is very unforgiving.

IMG_1992.jpg

Sacool,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow South African (Soutie actually, in Cape Town) - I've been a bit quiet on the forum for a while but you've come to the right place for an endless stream of encouragement and advice.

If you are local you can send me an e-mail via my profile.

Regards,

Ken

Hi Sacool and welcome wEc1. Are you looking at the set from John-Tom Engine Plans? Have them on my must-do list but so far all I’ve managed to get done is model it in cad. Crap I’d better live to be 200
You’ve come to the right place to learn new things. I think I pick up something new most every day. Might not ever use it, or remember when I need it but no one seems to mind when I ask a question twice.scratch.gif

Case Model Steam Tractor.jpg

Welcome sacool, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Jim

Latest posts

Back