How to cut round bar into slices along its length

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Cedge and Steve, I will see if I can find one in the UK........ eBay here I come......

be careful it dosen't close up on the blade, if its hot rolled turn the skin off and use lots of coolant,back off the blade lots too to take care of any stresses on the blade.the bigger the pc. the bigger the chance of the steel closing up on the blade and breaking it.

Lots of good ideas for you here.

In my shop, I would likely set my bandsaw vertically and clamp the workpiece in some way so I could feed it by hand on my little table:

P1010252.JPG

Slow and easy does it for a job like that.

Cheers,

BW

Thanks for the pictures Bob, I must admit you have got me thinking if I can 'convert' my bandsaw into an upright........trouble is there is so much to do/make and so little time......lovely jubbly.......

machinist dave said:
be careful it dosen't close up on the blade, if its hot rolled turn the skin off and use lots of coolant,back off the blade lots too to take care of any stresses on the blade.the bigger the pc. the bigger the chance of the steel closing up on the blade and breaking it.

Duely noted and thanks. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate on the Seal now that the Myford refurbishment has been completed.

Latest posts

Back