How BIG is yours?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!! Nice Rooster!!! My shop is 74" x 78". It holds a 10 x 18 lathe, a small mill, a shop vac, a full size 14" bandsaw, a 1" belt sander, a drill sharpner,and a whole whack of shelves and cabinets built in. When I'm in there, there is no room left for visitors!!!---Brian

Wow!!!! Nice Rooster!!! My shop is 74" x 78". It holds a 10 x 18 lathe, a small mill, a shop vac, a full size 14" bandsaw, a 1" belt sander, a drill sharpner,and a whole whack of shelves and cabinets built in. When I'm in there, there is no room left for visitors!!!---Brian

Hi Brian,
You have a bigger machineshop than Gus's.

Kept sweeping the floor to remove chips.But some obstinate chips are hard to clear. Small shop is good excuse/reason---------No Visitors.

Gus Teng,

Bad tides today so no fishing this weekend.

HI:),
My Workshop is 20ft (6mt) Wide x 24ft (7.2mt) long x 9ft (2.7mt) high. I would have liked a 40 x 20 but I couldn't afford it

Shed1 002 (1).jpg

Yep my shop here in Australia is only a baby 6 metre x 9 metre with 3 metre wall height.
54 square metres or in imperial 581 square feet. Still not big enough.
Have seen a few that make mine look like a garden shed though.

There is a great documentary getting around called "Men And Their Sheds"
Us Aussies are obsessed by the size of our sheds for some reason.

Funny thing is some of the best work i have seen has come out of a workspace that you can barely turn around in.

Cheers,
Baz.

Hi Baz

Great workshop with ample space.

Wish I have the $$$$ to move over to Auss to a house with a 2 or three car gargage. Machineshop would have one car and lots of machine tools.Or build a new shop like yours.

Just a dream and also a nightmare on location. My sisters in Thornleigh, Sydney,brother in Rockhampton, Perth and daughter in Glenhuntley, Melbourne.All want me next to them. Ha Ha.

Regards,

Gus Teng

Strangely enough, we have a small village named Rockingham here in Ontario. A man lives there who crafts unique, one of a kind guitars, which are sought after world wide.

Just a dream and also a nightmare on location. My sisters in Thornleigh, Sydney,brother in Rockhampton, Perth and daughter in Glenhuntley, Melbourne.All want me next to them. Ha Ha.

Gus, it is quite clear to me now! You'll just have to move to Brisbane so your family covers the whole country! :hDe:

Strangely enough, we have a small village named Rockingham here in Ontario. A man lives there who crafts unique, one of a kind guitars, which are sought after world wide.

Strangely enough, I have a cousin who also crafts unique, one of a kind guitars, which are sought after world wide. Thm:
http://www.jackspiraguitars.com/

I forget the list of famous customers, but I believe Gordon Sumner (Sting) has a few.
Colin Hay (Men At Work), but it wasn't the guitar that got smashed in this episode of Scrubs ;) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGmcuj44DQ[/ame]

Last edited:
I have a workshop that measures 60' X 60', My two Fowler ploughing engines live in there and also my machine shop, unfortunately its true what they say, the more space you have, the more junk you accumilate!! Think I need to down size.
Cheers
Steve

Gus, it is quite clear to me now! You'll just have to move to Brisbane so your family covers the whole country! :hDe:

Hi Rod,

Good idea.
Bought present walkup flat fot S$70k in 1978 and now there are offers for S$1M.If it hits S$3M,I best moved over to Australia.This will be more than enough to buy a nice landed property and retire comfortably.Machineshop will have a full compliment of machine tools and overhead crane too.
Brisbane is good choice. Darwin is just too hot.Been there once and of course Gus went to Kakadu-------Crocodile Dundee Country.

Just another dream.(Now budgeting for a Proxxon PD 400 Lathe.)

Gus Teng.

Latest posts

Back