Hola from Spain

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siddly

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm Sid and although I'm English I live in rural Spain.

I was a gunsmith back in England but now I hand forge knives.

I have been wanting to make a model IC engine for years now. Maybe I'll get round to it with some help ;)

There are some amazing projects here, I spent most of last night checking them out...

Siddley

Hi and welcome to HMEM. Glad to see that you have had a chance to look around the board a bit and hope that you like what you saw. I am sure that with your skills you will have no trouble making a model IC engine. If you have any questions their are lots of members just waiting to help answer any question you may have. We look forward to your participation in HMEM.

Cheers :)

Don

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the board.
tin

!Bienvenido! I am a Spaniard living in USA, I am new here too, I still learning and saving money for a workshop.

Welcome Sid. I for one would love to see some of your work on knives. You certainly found the right place if you wish to expand your horizons into engines.

Regards,
Bill

Hi Bill, I've had a run of bad luck with the blades recently and cracked the last few I made during heat treating.
Weeks of effort down the drain, but it's something you have to accept.

Bladesmithing is very different to machining and as someone who has done little else other than machining as both a job and a hobby for over ten years it's quite a nice change. Except when the blade cracks of course ;D

When I have something to show I'll be sure and post pictures in the appropriate area ( wherever that is :) )

Latest posts

Back