Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

No installment last week as once more under the knife for skin cancer no.9 removal from my leg, (fortunately, so far, this has been confined to the right and left ones ;D). Stitches out tomorrow so made a trip a day early. Not much to show as my partner in tanks has gone to Canada to buy some fancy machine for treating and bailing hay, thus work got in the way again.

Gavin, Dean and swilliams....................Thanks for the support guys. :bow: :bow: :bow:

A while back Zee suggested I take inventory of what's been done so far...................... here it is.

IMG_1355.jpg

Drilling the drilling jig to match the head.

IMG_1354.jpg

The drilling jig set up to drill the waterjacket to locate the head.

IMG_1357.jpg

Now don't get toooooo excited at such leaps of progress will you. ;)

Best Regards
Bob

Good going Bob. You'll get there. Thm: Thm:

As far as the cancer, hope you are getting it early enough and all will be well.

Ron

Dave & Zee,

Thanks guys for your ongoing support. :bow: :bow:

Ron,

Thanks for your support. :bow:

So far I have had clear margins on every one that's been surgically removed only one of those grew so fast I needed a skin graft, the others have been small enough that liquid nitrogen has sent them on their merry way. All in all a great result to date.

Of course had we known 50 years ago what we know today I would have taken a little more care with my "Bronze Aussie" image. 8)

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
Of course had we known 50 years ago what we know today I would have taken a little more care with my "Bronze Aussie" image.

Too true Bob, I shudder to think of all those summers we spent peeling great swathes of sunburnt skin off. I can't believe we used to lay on the beach all day until we ended up beetroot red. And aren't we paying for it now. I wonder sometimes what the equivalent will be in 40-50 years for our children.

On brighter note the stock-take of completed parts looks impressive, especially given the difficulties you have getting to the workshop now you live down south. Doesn't matter how long each step takes, I'm still learning things with each installment - thanks for taking the time to document the build.

Gee Bob, I think if you put all those parts together, you'd just about have an engine. A lot of
work there when we see it all in one spot!

Best wishes for your continued good health. Keep an eye on things, friend!

Dean

I remember many miles in the saddle of my bike until I was "Aussie Bronze" too.....We'll see in a few years

Glad it's all being rapidly and efficiently treated!

Dave

Bob, wishing you the best with getting back on your feet.

The inventory of your engine looks great.

Bob, best wishes for a speedy recovery
I have no doubts that you would win that nagging cancer forever, and I'm glad that your third leg is well and untouched :D

BTW, great hit & miss engine. is it water cooled? very interesting :bow:

Gavin, Dean, Dave, Steve and Ariz,

Guys - Thanks very much for your thoughts and support. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: The stitches are out the wound is clean and all is good.

A bonus of sorts with my mate being in Canada is that I get to go to Port Adelaide today so maybe there will be some time left over for the engine after the surveys are complete. :D

Best Regards,
Bob

Hi Bob I dont usually say much in here but I always follow yours very interesting builds and this one is as usual going great.About your run in with the Doctors knife,I am glad to hear he only cut the left and right legs.

May bee you should have some R&R up at beautiful Coffs Harbour and come and play in my shed.

Best wishes,
Ian (seagar).

Ian,

Thanks for the kind wishes and the R&R. :bow:

My stepson is coming over for a visit in Oct and we intend driving at least as far as Brisbane and then returning the long way via Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe we can catch up then, Coffs Harbour sounds like a good place to find a nice motel for a night. Will keep you posted as things fall into place.

Best Regards
Bob

woohoo1 th_confused0052 :redface2: woohoo1 th_confused0052 :redface2:

Only took 2 weeks to drill 6 holes.

IMG_1542.jpg

Now That's some head job. :-X

Progress, Progress, Progress, Progress.

Best Regards
Bob

Hmmmm ...... 2.333333333333333333 days per hole - drilling them by the water drip method? ;)

tel said:
Hmmmm ...... 2.333333333333333333 days per hole - drilling them by the water drip method? ;)

Not exactly..................cept the drip operating the drill. *bang* Oh ,
wow.gif
and then again I did tap them. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

With a fluid motion, I hope! ;D

tel said:
With a fluid motion, I hope! ;D

Naturally :p Ever since I was re-bored, polished and ported, back in 82. A considerable no. of my motions are fluid. :'(

Best Regards
Bob

Way too much information.........seriously, the head looks good.

Wow Bob, you're moving right along! It's only taken me about 10 years to get to here.... :big:

dep.jpg

Cheers

Jeff

Latest posts

Back