Hi Guys from central Alabama

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boco35121

Reaction score
I live in the small town of Oneonta, Al. We are in the foot hills of the Appalachians. I've been lurking around this website for going on three weeks now and I'd have to say that you guys have really put together a winner.
I've been around a home shop all my life. My step-dad had a lathe and a welding machine. He had showed me how to use it when I was about nine.

I had to find a new job about three years ago after 40 years in the industrial process control business and it required me to do a little with a drill press and I liked it so much that I invested in some machines of my own. I've had wood working tools all my adult life.

I don't know if I made the best choices or if I was a victim of advertising but I picked up a used Smithy combo mill drill lathe. I have learned a good bit about it but your website has shown me a lot of tricks and I really have enjoyed looking at all the hit and misses, the Stirlings, and the steam engines. Plus you've got my interest peeked on the home casting too.
When I figure out how to put pictures on here, I've got some of my shop. Maybe some body can help me out.
Thank you.

Boco

Welcome to HMEM Boco. Thanks for the great introduction. We look forward to your participation in the various forums. If you have any questions just ask as there is usually someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Cheers :)

Don

Here are some of my shop pictures.
boco35121

100_0831.jpg

Old Smithy...

100_0830.jpg

100_0829.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0827.jpg

Surface grinder...

100_0826.jpg

Drill press...

Last edited by a moderator:
Boco

If you want you can put all of the photo's that you linked to in that post or I can do it for you if you wish. I put one there to get you started.

cheers :)

Don

Welcome to HMEM Boco. So with all the projects you have seen on here, which types strike your fancy most? Steam? Sterling? IC? Will look forward to you participation and more pictures too:)

Regards,
Bill

Thanks Don,
For help with the picture.
I know we are going through a lot of changes right now and it is all to be ironed out in the end. Is there a help parameter yet? Where can I go to find out how to do these pictures correctly?

Boco

Bill, to answer your question about what kind of engine is my main interest I was looking for information about small diesel engines when I found this terrific site. But I haven't seen too much about them. It must have something to do with the compression ratios and the injection systems. It would be hard to display them indoors. What do you think. Has anyone built one?
Boco

Thanks Don,
For help with the picture.
I know we are going through a lot of changes right now and it is all to be ironed out in the end. Is there a help parameter yet? Where can I go to find out how to do these pictures correctly?

Boco

Boco

I went ahead and fixed up the photos in your post. I left the original link so you could click on "Edit" and compare the links to see the difference.

Click on the link below and it will take you to a thread that will help to explain how to post photo's to your thread. I will be putting a document up shortly on resizing photos for the threads. A good size is 800 x 600 as it shows good detail but doesn't require scrolling because of oversize.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f14/how-post-picture-104/

If you have any questions just ask.

Cheers :)

Don

Latest posts

Back