Hi from the Newcastle, Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dako

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a Boilermaker by trade. I have been a hobby machinist for a long long time and have made various gadgets and bits and pieces. I am about to embark on a garden scale steam loco. I have just stumbled upon this awesome site and I have to say wow to the standard of work I have seen so far. Such inspiration ! Daryl.

Hi Daryl, welcome to the group. You will certainly pick up a lot from the members here, ask any questions you like, someone will help you.

Paul.

Hi Daryl,
Welcome from faraway Singapore.
Paul and Gus are both starting to machine/build the Nemett-Lynx Engine. Paul is my maestro.
All in would be three HMEM Forum members each building their own ''Lynx" engine. Will be fun.

Daryl, a steam locomotive "build" is a daunting task, especially if the monster is "basement" designed and built, with little to follow in the way of blueprints. My "scratch-build" took about 8000 hours, and 6 years of effort.

Oh dear, perhaps I am so outdated and aged that "blueprints" is an obsolete term! Computer Aided Design, and the like. But, you still likely would rather have a paper drawing hanging in front of your manual milling machine, than a computer screen, with all the oil, chips, etc., flying about!

1st_ti10.jpg

Latest posts

Back