Good morning from Olympia WA!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TorchHypnosis

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to say that this forum is awesome! The community is quite helpful, and no one trashes on or trolls people. Such a high degree of respect, props everyone!

We are actually an international business manufacturing precision tooling used in the aerospace and medical industries. Because of our manufacturing process all of our lathes and mills are custom. I commonly go to forums to stir up a conversation about a modification I am making in the hopes of finding some inspiration. Users on the other machinist forum I subscribe to(I won't mention any names because I'm not trying to talk trash) have ridiculed me time and time again for using imported machine parts. I have been called unprofessional and told to go to "hobbyist" forums because THEIR forum is reserved for "PROFESSIONAL" machinists. I even threw down $2,000 on a Colombo spindle in the hopes that I would gain some respect on the forum and guess what? My $300 import spindle outperforms the Colombo spindle. The Colombo spindle vibrated so much it was completely un-useable. I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking to replace the drive system in our parts lathe with something custom and you all were quite helpful.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I just wanted to say you guys are awesome. Take care all! -Monte

Hi

Good to see yet another member from Washington. We are well represented here. Mossyrock WA

Mark T

I crewed on a sailboat for many years in the South Sound racing series out of Swantown Marina in Olympia.
i, unlike Richard, am shy.

Richard, Oly Wa is only 50 min from The Home.
we’ve been having really good weather lately.
I’m trying to put the fork tubes together & back on the bike before it starts raining again.
+1 on the cinnamon bread.

Back