Hi from nearly central Europe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomas Tomarack

Reaction score
I am a somewhat older modeler, it has been more than 20 years since I became interested in live steamship models.
I did not have the opportunity to build a steam engine and a boiler alone. I bought a ready-made ship's two-cylinder steam engine from the Wilesco company.
For this machine, I built a model of an Australian steamboat from the Murray River. The construction was simple, mainly to test the steam engine. However, I had problems with the operation of the steam boiler (small volume of water). However, I was unable to find a more suitable boiler, so with great regret I gave the steamer to a friend of mine.
Since then, however, I am still interested in these steam engines and try to keep abreast of how technology is moving forward in this field.
Greetings
Tom

Attachments

• KellyU2 u.jpg
    KellyU2 u.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 8
I am a somewhat older modeler, it has been more than 20 years since I became interested in live steamship models.
I did not have the opportunity to build a steam engine and a boiler alone. I bought a ready-made ship's two-cylinder steam engine from the Wilesco company.
For this machine, I built a model of an Australian steamboat from the Murray River. The construction was simple, mainly to test the steam engine. However, I had problems with the operation of the steam boiler (small volume of water). However, I was unable to find a more suitable boiler, so with great regret I gave the steamer to a friend of mine.
Since then, however, I am still interested in these steam engines and try to keep abreast of how technology is moving forward in this field.
Greetings
Tom
Welcome to the group

Dave

Latest posts

Back