Hi from Croatia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hacklordsniper

Reaction score
Hello,

greetings from Croatia. Im 25 year old and spent last 10 years working constantly in designing and repairing various electronics circuits. My father spent his life as a steam locomotive driver, later diesel mechanics and it is in my genes to love greasy hands and mechanics beside electronics.

I always wanted to build model engines but did not have proper machines and tools since i worked more in electronics. My lathe was until recently a drill and sandpaper since i needed it only sometimes, and let my machining needs to a friend (which is verry busy and does not have always time).

So i bought a micro lathe which i used 7 days and sold and then bought a mini lathe. Now im wondering how did i live until now without a lathe????

Im collecting a material for my first mill project (i mastered only the lathe for now) for building a first project, mini IC engine (Jan Rider 2 takt Debbie) and learn how to use the mill. I will implement some changes as custom CDI

Here is my cave (a spare room in house) attached to this message.

I think this is a great forum and im reading it quite some time, i decided to register so i can ask sometimes too. Well thats long, but all

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

Slika (2).jpg

Slika (3).jpg

Slika (27).jpg

Very Nice looking shop.
Thanks for the introduction. welcome to the forum
Tin

Hi there

Welcome from England

Very impressive workshop looks like you've got some great electronics gear too. I am an Electronics Tech myself (Control systems mostly) so a run down on your gear would be great.

Nice pictures BTW what did you take them with ?

Regards Mark

Hi and welcome.

A very nice and tidy workshop unlike mine.

Vince

Hi and welcome. It is good you took pictures of your shop just as you're getting started. It looks really good (no oil, grease stains, bits of swarf etc). I can't remember if my shop ever looked as clean as yours and unfortunately I have no photos of it.:(

Good luck on your first engine build

Cheers,
Phil

Hi and welcome. It is good you took pictures of your shop just as you're getting started. It looks really good (no oil, grease stains, bits of swarf etc). I can't remember if my shop ever looked as clean as yours and unfortunately I have no photos of it.:(

Good luck on your first engine build

Cheers,
Phil

Thank you. I built some parts yesterday and will open a thread as work in progress in a day or two. Im so excited to get my first engine running.

Well mill is stil never used, only trammed and vise installed. However the lathe has quite of material trough it. I clean my shop and machines on the end of every day.

Here is a photo few days ago when i made new ball oilers for my lathe, and there is a photo on the end of day.

And a last photo shows what can happen when a big project is in the "works" and i need more space on tables :)

Opti (28).jpg

Opti (30).jpg

Slika (17).jpg

Hi there

Now that looks more like my workshop is like most of the time

Regards Mark

Welcome, and congrats on a nice shop.

Howdy! Now that is some nice shop! :) It is great that you keep it neat and tidy. Easier to find tools that way. Mine on the other hand is not so neat. And, I stand and stare at the bench so long that sometimes I forget what I was looking for. :D

Todd

Back