Hi all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjetil

Reaction score
Contrary to most people here I'm not a machinist at all :p, I did however have SolidWorks training at engineering school (I'm in electronics) and the folks I work for (small company, close connections) runs a state of the art CNC workshop. Being such nice employers they are sometimes helpful with machining parts for me, and I'm hoping I'll get some training on the machines in the near future so I won't have to ask so many favors on my upcoming project. I'm embarking on a steam engine alternator, and hope to pick up some tips on the mechanics here.

Welcome Kjetil, and remember...none of us (well most of us at least) were born with a pair of mics in our hands. Emjoy your time here and don't be shy about asking questions.

Bill

Welcome Kjetil, and remember...none of us (well most of us at least) were born with a pair of mics in our hands.
None were born with tools in hand and only a few grabbed the doctors instruments with the intention of redesign. HMM
the point is we all had to learn from scratch some had the luxury of formal schooling or and aprenticship. but even formal training only teaches the basics. most leaning is in the school of hard knocks.
Tin

Welcome Kjetil you will fit right in with the rest of us. I am also Electronics Tech and Electrician. I have only been machining two years. This is the forum to be in, there are great guys here to help you along.

Regards Don

Latest posts

Back