HF type dro reset

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentprop

Reaction score
I have a dro on my milldrill.It has iGaging branding,with the Hafco display.I believe they are the same unit Harbor Freight sells.
After playing about for a bit,I now have a situation where ,when switched on,the unit starts counting up 5 mm at a time,until it gets to 30 something.As the table table moves,it seems to jump back and forth at various intervals.
I'm sure this is because I'd played with the ABS and SET buttons.
Does anyone know how I can reset this unit to factory defaults?
I've tried removing the batteries,and unplugging the display from the reader unit,but all to no avail.
I have emailed Bernard Snoodyk in Oz,where I got the unit,but am still awaiting a reply.
Hope someone can help me with this,as it makes the unit completely useless for normal work.

iGaging scales aren't the same as the Harbor Freight ones, unless HF picked up something new? I'm also not familiar with Hafco... I'll do a quick search.

Are they aluminum scales with a remote readout head? That's what the iGaging ones I'm familiar with are. You might try replacing the batteries?

I have resolved this problem today,and am happy to report it was not a fault in the iGaging unit,rather operator stupidity.
When I undid the bolts holding the ends of the scale,the display immediately zeroed.I ran the table from end to end to make sure it wasn't a fluke,and it worked flawlessly.
Obviously,when I removed the scale some time ago to fix a power feed problem,I must have bent the scale imperceptibly when refitting.
In one way,this shows how sensitive these units are,which can only be a good thing.
So it's presumably the same for all makes of similar units to ensure the scale is not "sprung"when fitting.By"sprung",I mean the scale would have been on a level different to the ends.
A very red-faced muddle engin-ear now shuffles off wearing sack cloth and ashes.

A very red-faced muddle engin-ear now shuffles off wearing sack cloth and ashes.
sounds like proof you are human. I think we have all run into head scratching technical difficulties only to find out that it is just a minor operator head space issue. you are OK and quite normal. Glad you got yoor DRO sorted out.
Tin

Latest posts

Back