Help Posting Photos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill_Rittner

Reaction score
I'm new here and have some photos of some work I have recently dome on my lathe. Can someone please explain how to post photos?:wall:

The easiest way is to upload them to Photobucket (you need an account but it's free). From there you open an image and on the right of the page you will see a bunch of image links. One of these says 'Direct' that's the one to click on and it will automatically copy the link for you. Then when you are typing your post, whenever you want to insert the image you click on the icon at the top of the post that looks like a picture of mountains (insert image icon). A box will open asking for the address of the image and you just right-click in there and select 'paste' and your peviously copied link from Photobucket will insert. The picture will now be in your post.

Using this method you can control the order of your pics and you can have text between them as well. Hope this is clear - if you run into problems just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Thank you for your help. I have my pics in Photobucket and can get a picture in a post. I can get text above a pic but not below it. And the next photo I insert will only insert before the previous pic. How can I control the order of pictures and get text between them. Hope I am not too much of a PITA?

Not at all Bill, no worries.

What I do is type the text before the first pic, then hit enter 3 or 4 times to get some blank lines, then at least start to enter more text (really I normally finish all my text with the picture breaks then add the pics). Once I have the gap in the text I click in the gap to put the cursor there, then insert the picture. Once the picture is in you can then click on your text below the pic and continue typing. Every time you want another picture you just repeat the process.

The problem you're having is not being able to get the cursor where you need it and this method fixes that. Have a go and ask away if you need more help.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help. The photos have been posted and it was rather easy after your clear explanation.

Latest posts

Back