help building canopy protective shelter for car parking

Discussion in 'Mistakes, Blunders and Boo Boos' started by babolottino, Apr 5, 2019.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Apr 5, 2019 #1

babolottino

babolottino

babolottino

hello, I should make a protective shed in a courtyard for a country house to protect two cars from the weather
    the measures are height of the wall 2,50 meters width 5 meters length 9 meters, you would have some suggestion some suggestions, I should build the metal frame of the structure and install the covering mantle on it. I would like to create a light and resistant structure without hiring cranes or lifting equipment what you could suggest me thanks. for the kind attention tettoia 2.jpg tettoia 1.jpg tettoia.jpg pergola 1.jpg pergola.jpg pergola.jpg cortile 4.jpg cortile 3.jpg cortile 2.jpg

2. Apr 5, 2019 #2

babolottino

babolottino

babolottino

3. Apr 6, 2019 #3

velocette

velocette

velocette

Consult with your local authority for the legal requirements before you commit to any progress first! The Nine Metre span will require a steel "I" beam, a Lattice Girder Beam or a Laminated Timber Beam. A column support post in the centre would be an alternative. Looking at the poplar trees in the background you are in an area where high wind can be a norm. Wind loading calculations will be required for the whole structure to be securely anchored to a concrete foundation. A structural engineer designed kitset is probably the best alternative.

4. Apr 6, 2019 #4

deeferdog

deeferdog

deeferdog

Well-Known Member Project of the Month Winner

Shade Sails can be pretty good, depends on the level of protection you are trying to achieve, as well as your budget.

5. Apr 7, 2019 #5

Hopper

Hopper

Hopper

Depending on where you are at, a local shed or roofing supplier could probably supply you a kit for a car port of your dimensions, made to comply with local conditions and laws. Usually not much more expensive than just buying the steel and cutting it up yourself. You then erect it yourself and save quite a bit on the cost there.

6. Apr 7, 2019 #6

babolottino

babolottino

babolottino

I wanted to create three parallel portals, put the perimeter beams on it and place the crossbars on top to anchor the purlins on which to fix the roof covering. a friend of mine had suggested a cantilever-type shelf structure, like a tensile structure, what do you think? cartort canopy

carport canopy.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Steel Frame Carport Frame canopy

[​IMG]