Hello!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarggh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce yet another newbie from OZ! I've always been an electronics enthusiast all my life, with older technology like retro computing and Russian Nixies being my favourite fare, and from working in the timber industry for years picked up a love for woodworking, and thus spent a lot of time over the years finding ways to do simple things the most expensive and hardest way possible. This is course means doing all your own renovations entirely from scratch, hanging everyone's door's, etc, etc.

I got into machining when I started playing with CNC machines some years back, and found I especially loved working on aluminum. So it's all downhill from there. You guys know how it is, you start out making a panel for a project, then a complete project case, then you get a mill so you can do more aggressive machining on larger metal items, then you get a lathe for the stuff you can't do with a mill (like make pens!), then you get a furnace so you can remelt the scrap, etc, etc. It's taken me a while though as I've had to wear the wife down gradually!

I love small shiny things particularly, so i'm very drawn to model engines, and for now i'm cruising around until I've cleared my plate of some of my current workloads, so I can then concentrate on making some Stirling engines, I think they are just the bee's knee's, and the ones i've seen here that people have built are just awesome. I'm really looking forward to getting into some proper builds down the track.

cheers,
Ian

G'day Ian. Thanks for the intro and a very warm welcome to you. Which part of Oz are you in?

Latest posts

Back