Hello from the UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyS

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Andy if you hadn't guessed already from my username. I am a Yorkshireman living in the South of England not far from Heathrow Airport. For a day job I am self employed in the TV and Film lighting industry and for fun I like to spend time in my workshop or playing with my 5" gauge steam Loco.

I have a Martin Evans 5" gauge steam loco to the Springbok design that I purchased complete about 4 years ago, I have since given it a well deserved rebuild as it is now around 30 years of age. I also have a part built 2-8-0 3 cylinder loco also 5" gauge that I work on as and when I can although I do see this is a longer term project.

I have very little engineering experience other than that learned in the last few years since acquiring my workshop (garage). I have a Myford ML7 lathe, a big Warco Vertical Milling machine and my newest find is an old Acorn 7" shaper (a rebadge of the US built Atlas I believe). i must say that out of all of the machines that the shaper is probably my favourite as the finishes obtainable are amazing.

Current projects apart from the 2-8-0 are a Stuart 7A vertical engines from castings and a Stirling engine that I am making from bar stock.

Well that's about it from me for now, time to get back in the shop.....

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

You may well have guessed by now but....................th_wwp ;)

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome aboard! And me three please with the pic's, I'm always interested in checking out what you folks have available across the pond for tooling and such. Thm:

Cheers,
Chazz

P.S. Go England th_wav

Hi,

Thanks Chaz, Zee Bob and Rick for a nice warm welcome.

Don't worry you'll get your pictures soon. I'm off to steam up the 5" B1 in a moment so I will try and get a couple of pictures in here soon. I have also now finished the base, standard and cylinder for the Stuart 7A and will try and start a work in progress thread in the next few days.

Cheers

Andy

Latest posts

Back