Hello from the Poconos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgpeters

Reaction score
Hello members,

My name is Bill, and I presently reside in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania very close to the Pocono Raceway. I am a retired engineer that specialized in Bragg Plane Crystallography, electronics engineering, and Unix system engineering.

A few decades ago, I had a 6" Jet Lathe which I used to build a couple Stuart steam engines, as well as make some parts for an antique airplane (AT-6). But alas, I was forced to sell it when I moved to a new location.

Yesterday, I took delivery of a Sherline 2000 Mill and a Sherline lathe. I am hoping to occupy some of my free time with model engine building again. I wish I could have bought bigger machinery, but I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with these. Oh, I also have a solidoodle 3D printer on order.

Anyway, hello!

Welcome Bill, you are at the right place for model engineering. It has been a long time since I have been to the Pocono's. I really love it there. wEc1

Don

First of all welcome to the forum . thanks for the introduction congratulations on your new toys tools. Some fine engines canbe built with Sherline tools you just have to pick small engines or scale them down. I have a freind that tends to build engines on his Sherline equipment at half the scale/size called for on the plans.
And please show us your work on the solid doodle.
Also one of the biggest model engine shows is in York PA. it is called cabin fever Expo. the next one is next April maybe some of us will see you there.
Tin

Bill,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back