Hello from South Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrybilt

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Jerry and I'm glad to be part of your community. My interests are in astronomy, science and things mechanical. My machining skills are very modest being limited to simple milling and drilling tasks, however I hope this improves as time goes by. One of my life's ambitions is to build a working model engine so this is the start!!

Hope I can contribute (?) to the knowledge base.

Jerry.

welcome to the site Jerry ;D
Pete

Thank you for the welcome chaps.

BTW Brock - From Pinjarra Station.

Owned by Jaz Tremaine is it ?

Jerry.

Well the east coast of the U.S. is waking up now so I will add my welcome from North Carolina, USA. One of the great things about the internet and this site in particular, is how it allows for a truly worldwide community, even if time zones do get in the way at times.

A hearty welcome to you Jerry!! Happy you found us, and look forward to your participation.

Bill

Welcome to the forum Jerry from South Western Ontario, Canada!!

A lot of us here have modest skills but we are learning and improving all the time!
Don't be scared to ask questions and jump into discussions!! ;D

Andrew

Once again, Thank you for the welcome. Contribution in a forum like this will be hard as I am sure most of what I can contribute (learned the hard way) has been well done before!!! ;D

Jerry.

Jerry,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

What part of SA are you from ???

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm at Cockatoo Valley - 400M from the Sandy Creek pub - 6km W of Lyndoch.

Jerry

G'day Bob,

Welcome from another Crow Eater from West Lakes..

Richard

Hi from the top of the gulf.....another croweater
Pete

Welcome Jerry from the south of Adelaide

Wow!

Greetings all. Is's a small world. Just in the process of adding a small lathe to the workshop. I have a strange feeling that a TAFE course might be in order. There is only so much one can do before one must have the guidance of a proper tutor - back to being an apprentice!! At my time in life? Well it's never too late ;)

Jerry.

You had better hurry Jerry. Just about every month there is a TAFE closing down and all equipment being sold off. Panorama was a big loss. Foundry, welding, blacksmithing etc etc

Herbiev said:
You had better hurry Jerry. Just about every month there is a TAFE closing down and all equipment being sold off. Panorama was a big loss. Foundry, welding, blacksmithing etc etc

That's because all the lecturers who know how to use it have retired :eek:

Thanks for the hurry up. I'll get into contact with the TAFEpeople on Monday.

I got a mill/drill machine and got reasonable at doing milling jobs but it was slow going. Huge amount to learn, mercifully got time on the machines during my apprenticeship (radio) in the days before electricity! Spent ages setting up and getting accurate results - there's got to be a quicker way.Jerry.

Latest posts

Back