hello from ontario Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenkarson

Reaction score
Was lead to this site from a suggestion on another forum. Wish I found it earlier what a wealth of information on here.
I'm no machinist by any means just a wannabe. I'm working on a steam engine conversion from a air compresser engine. I've tried several different valve systems from air roller valves to bash valves had some success with both. But I'm leaning more towards a chain and gear driven roller valve for durability. That's how i ended up here on this site. even though its not inexactly what you guys are all about here its the same principle. I'll post some pics to show what I'm rambling on about the pics will have the abandoned air roller valve in them to show what i was trying.
I just posted some pics of my first lathe in the tools section last night. Would love all the feed back i can get on it. along with any tip or tricks. I just turned my first piece of stainless steal tonight. I'm hooked for life!

SDC10757.JPG

SDC10765.JPG

SDC10767.JPG

GK,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

greenkarson

Welcome to HMEM. Looks like an interesting project. Where are you located in Ontario. We could be neighbours, I'm in Kitchener.

Cheers :)

Don

Welcome to HMEM greenkarson.

Rick

Latest posts

Back