Hello from Oklahoma

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiefred

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum and metal machining. By trade I am a network systems engineer. I have been an antique tool collector and hand tool woodworker for many years. My lathe turning experience is with green wood on a spring pole lathe. I have always had an interest in steam engines and want to build live steam locomotives in O gauge. Lack of suitable shop space has prevented me from setting up the shop of my dreams, which would feature a Barnes #5 1/2 velocipede lathe. A couple of months ago I got a Grizzly Mini Lathe and Mini Mill and set them up in a corner of the family room over the garage. For metal cutting I rely upon a couple of antique hack saw miter boxes, a Stanley #2360 and a Millers Falls Langdon with a Disston #440 saw, which I find very capable of precision sawing. For larger jobs I have a Disston #340 metal cutting hand saw and a two man rail saw. I've begun to machine a few things with the help of my three shop cats Rocky, Bulwinkle and Violet and am hoping Santa will bring me a rotary table this year.

Fred

Welcome! Looking forward to your projects. Don't be shy, a lot of us are low experience and can learn from your work.

Pat

sounds like you have some nice old tools. . I have seen pole lathes , cool.
I also have a cat named Rocky.
welcome to the board.
Tin

Welcome Fred. wEc1 Hope Santa rewards you with that rotary table. Don't forget we love pictures.

Regards,
Rudy

Fred how are you . I see from your profile you are from Moore OK USA.
and I see you are and active lurker here. tell us how you are my friend.
I hope you are busy helping others recover.
how did you and yours fair the storm.
Tin

Latest posts

Back