Hello from Oakdale, MN

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Gordon and I have been hidding on this board for awhile now so time to come out and say HI.
I like to build scale model engines and have a few that I started years back and have put on the back burner for one reason or another.
I worked for a paid fire department for 30 years and retired 10 years ago thinking that I would get back to work in my shop, but that's another story.
I do belong to a antique engine club and have machined lots of parts for the members there and built lots of building on the show grounds so I keep busy away from the shop.
I have a couple of Bridgeports and a lathe, grinders, welders and support tooling. I started working for a auction company a few years back and that was my down fall.
It's like a kid in a candy store, we did a lot of machine shops and now the shop gets smaller ever year.
I am starting to get back into machining slowly.
Gordo

Gordo,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

PS Your intro has given me an attack of tool envy ::)

Welcome aboard Gordo, the more the merrier ;D
We like pictures 8)

Gordo said:
<SNIP>I do belong to a antique engine club and have machined lots of parts for the members there and built lots of building on the show grounds so I keep busy away from the shop.<SNIP>

Welcome Gordo,
Would the show grounds happen to be the "Western Minnesota Steam Threshers" in Rollag?

Just curious. I've been there and it is a little hard to describe. I hope I'm not Hijacking the thread.
Les

Mike N,
This is what I call Winter!!! Go anywhere you want , Do anything you want.
Last year drove me nuts!!!

Les,
No, not Rollag. almelundthreshingco.org
Gordo

Welcome Gordo, hope you have plenty of firewood, stay warm! ;D
Stew.

Gordo

Hi and welcome to HMEM. As you have been lurking for a couple of years you have probably read all the various greetings that a new member gets. We would love to see some of the projects that you have been involved with when you have the time. How about more information on the antique engine club? We're always interested in those. We look forward with anticipation to your participation in the various HMEM forums. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Latest posts

Back