Hello from lower saxony, germany

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybondi

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm new here - but sorry - thats not my first post :-(

my name is frank, build in late '66 and livin' in northern part of germany, in the middle of Hannover and Bremen.
my hobby is everything which go along with technical stuff :)

so after first contact to NC-stuff i planned to build an own router (i called it in early years table mill) with an working area of 800x800 mm
and inital max high of 100mm (work piece)
after years of woodworking on this machine (one early complex example from middle 90s you can see at the end of the post - the wooden ful working clock)
i came to metal art - only aluminium engrave - i was afraid against damage my instable router :-(
but after several month the "mill" get several revisions until last one a year ago: max high of work peace 450mm and 5-axis (swinging rotate table)
(see http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=3227.msg31058#msg31058)

3 years ago i get a sellout model of combined lathe / mill - turn capabilities 7" x 15"
at this time i went out of working due to a health handicap - i get a lot of time to retrofit it radical
(tailstock got more movement, spindlehead replaced for more working area, quick change tool post, vfd, greater chucks, ... and - of course - CNC :) )
all mill work is done at this time with this machine until next machine - at this moment i dismounted the mill head on my lathe

my mill was a nice coincidence:
a guy bought it and tried to change the toolholder from MT4 to SK40 (? don't know english name) and damaged all bearings in the head.
after 1 year of verse-deaf he sold it and it got it in 2007
this machine was retrofitted at the moment it get its place in my home shop - CNC - what else :)
small changes are done too: vfd, ball screw (all my machine got it), ...

from now i was able to machine real metal - what a progress

but what a misfortune too: working metal presuppose a lot of other things - first a saw - but this one was retrofitted a soon as possible - don't think other way :)
the vice guide was not fine, the saw band need cooling, the feed was a *censored* - a lot to do - but not very difficult ...

and this way one thing came to another ...

now my home shop need more place than my family get for living - so a change of location became necessary.
this isn't completed yet - but i'm happy to finish it and produce chips again :)

The pics were located in home shop category - but the text there will have to wait until my new "area" is finished.
This pics are old one from my old location ...

Regards
Frank

fpclock.jpg

Grüße aus Australien Frank,

Ich bin sehr beeindruckt von Ihrer Arbeit, und ich hoffe, um zu sehen, mehr davon in die Zukunft

Dank Frank für den Link zu der Deutsch buchshop mit dem Modell Zeitschriften in sie, ich erwarte mir für 2 Zeitschriften wie jetzt

and for everyone else

Greetings from Australia Frank,

I am very impressed with your work and hope to see more of it in the future

Thank you Frank for the link to the German book shop with the model magazines in it, I am waiting for 2 such magazines now

or i hope thats what i said

cheers

jack

Hi Jack,

thanks for the welcome
greets back to down under :)

oh - you use my link for ordering ?

i've taken that link because the front of the book was the biggest one :) (when click on it)
But doesn't matter if you get all you want.

but i think there'nt all books of this line availiable

maybe that you more here:
http://www.webshop.neckar-verlag.de/
left hand - Modellbau (below Kategorien)
then the left upper thumb "Dampf & Heissluft"
and finally the second icon "Fachbuecher"

there you get the complete list of all books
and in the other categories some plans, magazines and so on.

Frank

PS: dein deutsch ist ausgezeichnet

Frank, welcome to HMEM. We are glad to have you!

You work on the wooden clock looks phenominal. :bow:

Wellcome Frank and sorry for earlier missunderstandings
Regards Max.......

Frank,
Herzlich willkommen in HMEM. Ihr Geschäft sieht groß aus, und Ihre Arbeit ist wunderbar.

Hoffnung genießen Sie die Seite.

Schade, mein Deutsch ist arm, so verwendete ich einen Übersetzer. Ihr Englisch ist lieber als mein Deutsch.

Welcome to HMEM. Your shop looks great, and your work is wonderful.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Sorry, my German is poor so I used a translator. Your English is better than my German.

Sorry, my German is poor so I used a translator. Your English is better than my German.

first: again thanky for welcome

about my english:
i knew some words and need translator too - but other direction - of course :)

i'm pleased to read some german words somewhere in the (virtual) world - and believe me: i don't laugh - i knew what difficult german is
(but a smile will be granted to me - i do it in the cellar - promised :) )

maybe that someone has seen some of my pictures on any other forum - i've join several (and some dropped again)
i'm looking for a new challenge - new project and most important:
engines (doesn't matter even gas or steam) that looks a little bit authentic (steam looks like old one but don's has original pendant)
or have nice advantages (like 4valve - btw: the offy book arrived)
and new way of building - new to me - not the practise as is (like casting now)

my greatest problem is to understand the slang and very technical phrases / words
the rest will do a translator and the rest that has been stay in my brain from school :)

@max:
spoken about and everyone has described his point of view - hope its ok for you and also hope free of prejudice :)
if so it's ok for me to (german phrase) grass over the thing to grow leave ...

in this reflect: i nearly like to see every engine - whether its my style / my favorite or not.
everyone has its own pleasure - it's in the readers responsibility to respect it - my opinion
(build a wobbler only with drill isn't less difficult as to mill a 4cyl on fullfeatured CNC)

Frank

Frank

Wenn ich Sie dabei unterstützen können mit technischen Übersetzungen würde ich Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung

Ich habe einige Freunde, die Deutsch lehren i die Waffen (Gewehre und Pistolen für Ziel-Wettbewerbe)
Ich spreche Russisch, Khmer (Kambodscha) Bislama (Südpazifik Pidgeon) Farsi (Persisch / iranische) Deutsche und eine kleine menge von Arabisch

Ich habe eine sehr gute technische Übersetzung Buch von der deutschen Armee Schule der Ingenieure
Meine E-Mail ist in meinem Profil
können Sie mir E-Mail jederzeit

Frank

If i may help you with technical translations i would be happy to help

I have some German friends who i teach making guns ( rifles and pistols for target competitions)
i speak Russian,
Khmer ( Cambodian)
Bislama ( south pacific Pidgeon, PNG, Solomon Is. Vanuatu etc)
Farsi (Persian or iranian)
German
and a small ammount of Arabic

I have a very good technical Translation book from the German Army school of engineers

my email is in my profile
yyou may email me any time

cheers

jack

Frank,

Hello and Welcome

Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back