Hello from Belgium :-)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sn00zerman

3D printing enthousiast
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I would like to "shortly" tell the story of my life here :)

First of all, I was born on april 3th, 1974, which makes me 38 years old.
I studied "computer science", and became a software developer at the age of 21. I worked fulltime during daytime, and also worked another 8 hours after my regular daytime job, until the age of 29.
At that age, I got a hart-attack. After investigation, doctors did find out that I had an hereditary disease, for which I need about every 4 or 5 years, chemo therapy. At this age I concluded that there was more in life then only working. I switched to another company and to another wife, and decided that working 8 hours a day is more then enough, and that I needed a social life also. (I started giving lessons in a computer-club, where I did met my current wife, she was also a teacher in this club)

After several years of renting an appartement, we (I and my current wife, for which I have incredibly much love) decided to buy a house. In less then 6 months, we renovated ourself an old warehouse, to a modern loft-style house. After this, I picked up my old child-hood hobby: modelrailroading in H0 (1:87)
We converted our double garage, to a hobby room.
We installed isolation, teared down the wall between this 2 garages, renewed the walls, installed a new ceiling and floor, installed heating, airco, sat-TV, internet, warm- & cold water etc ...

In the meanwhile I also got a CNC milling machine from my wife and a 50 watt C02 laser CNC machine.
Which I use to create the most incredible things for my H0 layout.
I'm also "into" electronics, so I created my own home automation system from scratch. (I mill my own PCB's on the CNC, solder components and program the PICs and AVRs) I also did that for the electronics for my modelrailroad layout. (which is completely computer-controlled)

During those 9 years I'm with Christel (my wife), she also got the "hold"
of this railroading hobby. She enjoys it so much, that last year she proposed to create a railroad layout in the garden. (Which is almost finished in the meanwhile)
In the meantime, we both started getting interested in "live-steam".
So, last weekend my wife ordered the final missing piece of equipment,
as an early christmas present: A lathe, with almost every accesory imaginable :) I did have some lathe-courses at school at the age of 15, so I know how a lathe works, but this knowlegde is "rusty", so with the hope of this forum, I hope I can get "up-to-date" again :)

I know you all are curious about pictures, so if you want to see how "handy" I am, I have a website/blog with thousands of pictures on it, divided in different categories.
(model railroading / cnc / robotics / home automation / electronics etc ...)

So pleas visit my website at
http://www.digitalplayground.be

Here is a small teaser for you all, a working mini layout at scale 1:1957.5,
to put in an H0 toy-shop on my H0 layout: (small train-layout is about 2 cm width, train itself is less then 2 mm in height)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vZ5kaFt53hU

so, best regards from Belgium,
Kris

Hey Kris, welcome. I really like your website, although my internet connection is so s-l-o-w and I haven't had a chance yet to view it all. Your Iron Bridge is great and your laser cut buildings as well.
Ant

Latest posts

Back