Hello from America

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a father with no experience at all.My son Is very interested with steam power and would like me to build a steam engine for him.I have little to no tools(hammer,screw driver ETC)and no machines.Something out of household objects would be nice.BTW I do have candles:)

You have desire and enthusiasm. There are options. If you truly want to build a steam engine , You may want o consider simple model steam engines by Stan bray

An alternative is just but a couple of engines. There are several options in the $ 100 to$ 150 range . so if you have some funds to spare itis an option.

The jenson engines are pre assembled but some come as kits and you put them together.
Tin

You have desire and enthusiasm. There are options. If you truly want to build a steam engine , You may want o consider simple model steam engines by Stan bray

An alternative is just but a couple of engines. There are several options in the $ 100 to$ 150 range . so if you have some funds to spare itis an option.

The jenson engines are pre assembled but some come as kits and you put them together.
Tin

Thanks I will

Back