Hello from a UK newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjames

Ben James
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Ben and I live in Edmonton, North London in the UK and have been following various threads on here for a while now and am looking to buy my first lathe soon.

Impressed with many folks on here, there are some really talented people here, hence this was the forum to join for me. Particularly impressed with a German guy named Manfred Albert who I have been following recently building his Dynamo from castings. I'd love to be able to build one of those one day - many years from now... :(

I thought I'd post a hello here to be polite and will be posting a question in the QUESTION & ANSWER thread in a few minutes regarding two lathes that I am choosing from, so if anyone can answer my simple questions there I would appreciate it as I am not sure what a couple of things offered on one of the lathes does in relation to the other.

All the best.

Ben.

Welcome Ben. You'll find lots of help here.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil. Thanks for the welcome.

Just to say to everyone that I have posted my lathe question in the TOOLS forum as I realised it should go there.

Thanks

Ben.

Ben,
There is a model engineering show at the 'Ally Pally' next month. That is 15 minutes from Edmonton!

I don't go to shows or London- but you should. At least, you will see what is available and make contact with other model engineers and see what is on offer.

Good Luck

as you have now placed an order, there is little really to add except to wish you well

Last edited:
Ben,
There is a model engineering show at the 'Ally Pally' next month. That is 15 minutes from Edmonton!

I don't go to shows or London- but you should. At least, you will see what is available and make contact with other model engineers and see what is on offer.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into that!

Thanks to everybody else for the welcomes. Look forward to get to knowing you and your work! Hopefully in a month I should be able to post my first engine (elmers wobbler).

Ben.
:D

Back