Hello everyone

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stefang

Reaction score
Greetings,

i found this board a while ago via a link in Bob Warfields blog, and i liked it spontaneously, very much information to be found here.
Some information about me: My name is Stefan, 22 years old, living in germany, bavaria (also the reason for my strange english ;D ), at the moment i'm attending an apprenticeship in mechatronics, but i will finish soon.
My free time is almost spent in my shop in the basement, renew my machines, building tools, and some day, far in the future, building steam engines :)

Stefan

Stefan,

Glad you came aboard! Basement shops are cool... What kind of machines you got?

Eric

Hi Eric,

I will soon show some pictures of my shop in the "The Shop" section of this board :)

Stefan

Hi, Stfan, welcome to the HMEM board. Don't wait too long to get started building model engines!

Chuck

Welcome Stefan.
I think you will really enjoy your stay here.

What part of Bavaria? I used to travel there twice a year for work and holiday, and stay at a small town called Greding, not far outside Nurnberg, towards Munchen.

John

Thanks for the welcome, guys

I enjoy this board already, so much stuff to read :)

What part of Bavaria? I used to travel there twice a year for work and holiday, and stay at a small town called Greding, not far outside Nurnberg, towards Munchen.

Yeah, i know Greding, it's just 50km away from my home, a village called Beratzhausen...the world is small :D

Stefan

Stefang: Welcome to this site. You say you are just starting out and making tooling, I am in my 60s and just spent all weekend making something to make tooling to make tooling. One of these days I will continue on engine building and hope to see some of your tooling and engines on this site. It is amazing to see how world wide this site is, does Europe have model engineering shows like the UK and the USA?
don

I've been lurking in and out of this board for a year or so now and thought I'd put my two cents in... th_wav

Since moving a four years ago, I've been slowly but shurly putting together a new shop. Momma don't know about the new HF milling machine (yet). :fan:

Electricity has been a problem and I have to upgrade the power in the garage without creating suspiscions. ;) Using the drill press makes the lights flicker in the house. ???

My interest is in steam engines in the 1.5" to 2.5"NG range. One of my engine projects is a two cylinder marine engine that'll go onto a 2.5" NG version of a Gold Bug shay (similar to Bob Mynard's CliShay but bigger). I'm working on the research for the engine and learning to use AutoCAD 2009 at my local community college. The AutoCAD software was a free download from AutoDesk with a .edu email.

HMEM looks like an excellent site and I'll be spending some time here. Thm:

Latest posts

Back