Hello All,

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neptune769

Reaction score
Hello Y'all,
My name is Dennis. About 15 years a go I was a machinist with 13 years experience. I have always enjoyed machining for myself. I have been interested in building a Steam or Sterling engine for years. I just haven't had the machines to make one. My father decided to give me his Atlas 618 and all the tooling. I just need to find a motor. It was destroyed by Hurricane Ike when the town he is in flooded. The Motor was just low enough to get salt water in to it and rusted tight. But it missed the lathe. I also have an interest in Surveillance cameras. I plan on making parts for a PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) camera as well as a ROV (remotely operated vehicle)with the lathe. You can see a little about the cameras I use on my web site www.nemocam.com It is not a commercial site. I look forward to learning much from all of you on this site. I have seen some beautiful engines here. They are real pieces of art.

Regards,
Dennis

welcome denis...............i gota warn you................we here ALL like lots'a pictures of what ever you are creating.

chuck

Welcome to the forums :) glad to have you here! Good luck getting your lathe up and running again ;D

Regards,

Will

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I forgot to mention that I'm from the Beaumont Texas area.

Chuck I will keep that in mind. It shouldn't be a problem since another hobby of mine is photography.

Regards,
Dennis

Hi Dennis, wEc1. I have a 618 that I bought new in 1967 (I was 17) and love it.
Bill

Dennis,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi neptune769
wEc1 to the HMEM forum.

Welcome Dennis, looks like we could be in for some great pictures

Jim

Latest posts

Back