Hej from Sweden

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaamieG

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I would like to introduce myself in this forum which looks a great place to absorb ideas and share the interest in this great hobby.
I am quite new since I got my first lathe -Unimat SL- only at beginning of this year with the idea of manufacturing the small components I needed for my other hobby (slot cars).
The Unimat is a great little lathe and I still have it for little tiny jobs but I learnt the lesson that a big lathe is better than a small one. Mainly for space reasons Myford suited the bill and I felt comfortable having on-line access to the spares. I found a 1950 Myford ML7 with tons of bits and pieces. I restore it to good working conditions and eventually started my first project. I am (slowly) building a “simple 2-stroke engine with vapour carburettor” based on the brilliant and accurate design of Jan Ridders (thanks to Model Engineering Website).
Just few months back I found a “younger” Myford Super7 (1960) in desperate need of a new owner and I was quickly able to resell the ML7 for good money retaining a lot of accessories usable on the Super7.
BUT what about you guys :eek:!? I am so impressed by the skills of most of you that I feel totally astonished and inadequate… I will never reach your level, even in my most optimistic dreams.

Cheers,
Giacomo
Sweden

Progress of my first project

IMG_2024.jpg

Welcome to this forum JaamieG. Thanks for the introduction. The progress you've made so far on your project looks great to me.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Giacomo! Don't sell yourself short. The picture of the engine you show looks really high quality to me.

Welcome - there is lots of great help and info here. It is really the first place I "go to" for answers.

Hej, kul att se fler svenskar här. Det du visar på bilden ser mycket fint ut!

(Hello, nice to see swedes here. The part you show in the picture loks really nice!)

Welcome !
Agree with PeterB, fun that is more people in Sweden building.
Looks great!
Ove i Västerås

Thank you all for the warm welcome and very pleased to find there are others Model Engineers in Sweden sharing the passion :)

Cheers,
Giacomo
Ludvika SE

welcome to the forum Giacomo! lovely work on your engines.
Stew

Welcome Giacomo. By the looks of your engine you are well on the way to being an expert. Looking forward to more of your builds.

welcome to the forum looks like you are off to a good start.

Tin

Back