Harbor Freight Sand-Blasting Gloves

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
I bought a Harbor Freight sandblasting cabinet last year to blast my Model-T parts. The gloves tore almost immediately and the media flies all over the place. I tried duct tape but that did not work good at all.

I went to Harbor Freight to buy new gloves and the replacement gloves are $30 and seem very robust...however the gloves that came with the cabinet were cheap as hell. Very sneaky Harbor Freight....very sneaky!

The ones on my cheapie asian made unit are nothing more than rubber gauntlets used in the chemical industry and available at most safety supply stores , for $30 i could buy five pairs if i buy from the supplier of the unit it is around the same per pair
The industrial sandblaster i used many years back had very thick rubber gloves and were a yellow colour , i think they were a couple of hundred bucks a set. Any kind of solvent /oil would kill them so we had to scrub up before using.
I hooked up an old vacuum cleaner to the exhaust of my cabinet and found it made a huge difference to the amount of dust that escaped the cabinet.

Ian

Latest posts

Back