Greetings ! New member from Ontario, Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaxxine

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New member. I'm not a machinist but I've had a latent interest - for many years- in building stationary steam engines and boilers from casting kits. I do not have a lathe or mill at present. I took 2 years of high school machine shop back in the 70's and a refresher (just for fun) about 2 years ago. I currently own 2 Wilesco steam engines (D20 and D22) and a Cotswold Heritage Cirrus complete steam plant. Also have a Mamod steam car from the 60's that was a christmas present back then. Former stationary engineer and compressor operator (40 years ago) along with another 25 years of intimate involvement with steam plants and cogeneration plants during a career in the industrial water treatment industry. I've been in the 3 phase power business for the past 14 years.

And that in a nutshell....is it. Looks like a very nice community here.

Hi Vaxxine and welcome to HMEM. Lots of very knowledgable guys on here. Good luck with your "thread in cast iron" problem.

HI Vaxxine,
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting things here. I had friends in Grimsby many years ago, and family in St. Catherine's.
gbritnell

HI Vaxxine,
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting things here. I had friends in Grimsby many years ago, and family in St. Catherine's.
gbritnell

George

I just read about you on the craftsmanship museum website. I'm honoured.

Any family or friends still in the area ?

Thank you.
I still have one cousin in St. Kits and friends in Welland.
gbritnell

Hello vaxxine and welcome to the group. I live just outside of Port Dover Ontario

Back