Greetings from Wisconsin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrlenz

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking for a few months... now it's time to introduce myself.

My name is Jeff. I live in Cedar Grove, WI... About 40mi north of Milwaukee, where I share a shop with my father. He repairs electric motors (and I help when needed) so I have an endless supply of stock from wrecked motors to practice with.

We've got an older Enco 13x40 lathe, and I've recently bought a Grizzly 1302 mill. I know just enough to be dangerous, and have managed to build a PM#3 engine. To my surprise, it worked!

Working full-time at a local TV station, free-lance software writing, and 'playing' in the shop fills my days.

I am currently working on a 1/4 scale Galloway. I am building the bar-stock parts because I am afraid to cut into the castings yet :). The Igniter is done, and am just starting the oiler. Slow but sure.

I'll be keeping an eye on all of you as I check the forums at least 2 times a day. I'm also stock-piling questions... Like where do I find a 9/32-40 die? (I know, I know... Google is your friend).

Best regards,
Jeff

Hi Jeff

I'm happy to greet another from Wisconsin, You would find me in Madison. Welcome aboard, this is a great forum for knowledge and info.

Art

welcome to the forum sounds like you have a full life and are off to a good start in model engine building.
Tin

Hello Jeff,

Welcome to the group. I've built the 1/4 Galloway so if I can answer any questions, let me know.

Are your castings and drawings from Richard Shelly or do you have castings and the revised drawings from the people who now sell the Galloway castings?

Regards,

Chuck

Latest posts

Back