Greetings from Bristol Connecticut

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already been enlightened on the matter so no apology is necessary.
Noy you spoke of the 3 cylinde. LOL This brings to mind the Saito Twin that a friend crashed and gave to me. It was a 1.82 four stroke. I made a new crank and one new rod and cleaned it up like new. Pic attached. LOL

"Bill Gruby"

524 001 (700 x 525).jpg

S6302617 (700 x 525).jpg

Ah nice work. Saito's are very nice engines.

Bill Gruby said:
I have already been enlightened on the matter so no apology is necessary.
Noy you spoke of the 3 cylinde. LOL This brings to mind the Saito Twin that a friend crashed and gave to me. It was a 1.82 four stroke. I made a new crank and one new rod and cleaned it up like new. Pic attached. LOL

"Bill Gruby"

I am Nelson, and I apologize for whatever I did to offend anyone.

I am curious what you mean "you were enlightened on the matter". All I remember doing was welcoming you, but if I offended you in some way, my sincere apologies.

Nelson

I'm more than a little disappointed in seeing a new member being trashed before he's done anything out of bounds. Personal conflicts, disagreements and opinions originating on other forums have no place here. As long as there are no violations on this board by any member, he's got the right to establish his own reputation without innuendo from unwarranted sources.

Nelson may well have problems with other boards, but until he runs afoul here, it would be wise to avoid similar "awkward" comments. Such comments could be considered "baiting" and could easily find the poster stuck on the very pike upon which he tried to hang his target's head. Gentlemen... character, asassination subtle or overt, is in bad form.

Steve

Cedge said:
I'm more than a little disappointed in seeing a new member being trashed before he's done anything out of bounds. Personal conflicts, disagreements and opinions originating on other forums have no place here. As long as there are no violations on this board by any member, he's got the right to establish his own reputation without innuendo from unwarranted sources.

Nelson may well have problems with other boards, but until he runs afoul here, it would be wise to avoid similar "awkward" comments. Such comments could be considered "baiting" and could easily find the poster stuck on the very pike upon which he tried to hang his target's head. Gentlemen... character, asassination subtle or overt, is in bad form.

Steve

Me too.

Let me try to straighten this out. You will see in one post the name Nelson was brought up. Also you will see I asked who he was. That's all, I trashed no one at this point. Now I was PM'd as to who nelson was. Still no problem from me. The person who brought the name Nelson to this thread apologised for doing so. By the word enlightened I only meant I had been told who Nelson was. I still have no problem here. I don't see how I trashed the name. It I did, Nelson you have my Humble Apology. All I wanted to know is who you were because I saw no posts with the name Nelson on them. I would never speak badly of anyone out here on an open forum.
If I am in any way at fault here I apologize to the whole Forum body.

"Bill Gruby"

Bill...
You'll also note I named no individuals in my response. It happens, from time to time, that something has to be said before an event escalates. If anyone feels a finger was pointed specifically at them, it's not because they were called out individually.

Nelson notified the Admin that he felt the need to leave our board and I can't say I blame him much for the decision. I think he was unfairly tarred before he had a chance to prove himself, good or bad. He should have been given just as clean a slate as everyone else gets when they join. Then, if he had screwed up, it would be on his own shoulders and not due to cheap pot shots and vigilantism. I don't know the guy, nor am I advocating/denouncing his behavior on other venues. I'm simply saying he was not given very much benefit of the doubt, from the moment it was known he had joined.
Steve

Thank you Steve, I feel the same as you, hence the explanation. I have PM'd Nelson myself and hope he sees it. there is no need for anyone to leave. I really feel bad about this.

"Bill Gruby"

Latest posts

Back