New member from Ipswich Queensland Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleW

Reaction score
Hi from the land down under, I'm a caster/moulder by trade and now teach at TAFE (trade school). Working on my first engine a 1/3 scale Case Traction Engine. I'm currently making all the castings as I redraw the boiler to meet our codes here for hobby boilers. Looking forward to many a great conversastion

Hi from the land down under, I'm a caster/moulder by trade and now teach at TAFE (trade school). Working on my first engine a 1/3 scale Case Traction Engine. I'm currently making all the castings as I redraw the boiler to meet our codes here for hobby boilers. Looking forward to many a great conversastion
Hi, and welcome. I'm in Brisbane and into engine building as well. My project is a radical re-design of a split single two stroke. You may have been able to help previously, as I had great trouble finding anyone to cast the twin cylinder alloy block for it. Eventually and luckily, the Pine Rivers Guild cast it in their small foundry to do the job.

Best of luck with your engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Welcome to my fellow qld modellers

@Kasey. Very special collection of skills at the trade guilde. Must admit I’m getting distracted (enjoyably) with the every day activities at the shed

cheers Jeff

Hello again Dale, I just thought you might be interested in what goes on at the Ipswich Model Engineering Society UK. We have around 60 members and regularly have open days and steam loco running days. Our website has more information:-

http://www.imes.org.uk/
Would welcome any visitors when we are open.

Regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back