gorgon steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpravenscroft

Reaction score
hello
i,m new to this forum but have been building steam engines for a number of years now
i am trying to find out where i can buy the plans for the gorgon steam engine
by guenter kallies the plans where published in the model engineer in 2006 but are not listed on their website
regards
peter

You should be able to pick up a whole volume of ME for about £10 on e-bay or there is a book that covers it if your German is upto it

ISBN: 3788306017

20th January 2006 issue 4265 , If you are a subscriber to the digital issues they can be printed out . A very interesting engine made from bar stock .

thanks chipenter
unfortunately i'm not a subscriber so i will have to acquire the relevant copies i'm going to the Manchester show at the end of the month maybe there will be some there
i hope mine turns out as good as your photo regards
peter

The photo was printed to PDF from the ME digital edition , the plans come out good to .

I find the plans come out not very good converting to pdf from image with the digital edition of ME, as the image saved in the cache is a jpg, which is fairly lossy. Is there a better way to get a really nice output? The attached copy of an advertising page is an example of what I end up with. Looks good small but enlarge or zoom in and it's pretty bad. I've tried printing to pdf from the flash but I only end up with blank pages.

cheers, Ian

page6[1].jpg

I find the plans come out not very good converting to pdf from image with the digital edition of ME, as the image saved in the cache is a jpg, which is fairly lossy. Is there a better way to get a really nice output? The attached copy of an advertising page is an example of what I end up with. Looks good small but enlarge or zoom in and it's pretty bad. I've tried printing to pdf from the flash but I only end up with blank pages.

cheers, Ian
Change the printer to Adobe PDF on the first pop up box .
I find if I enlarge an image and is good it is OK to print , depends on the original image that the magazine had to work with .

They print off OK but the problem is trying to save them in digital format, thats why the one posted here was fuzzy. But thats what ME want to stop people copying and sharing the pay per view pdfs.

If you want a few photos of a finished one see this

Latest posts

Back