Glad I Found This Website

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinamark

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a Sherline lathe 20 years ago with the intentions of building small steam/air engines. Somehow I never got around to it.

Well I dug the lathe out the other day.....a little WD-40, some scotch bright pads and elbow grease and all was well.

I received my metal for my first engine today. I am going to attempt Elmer's Tiny.

I have all ready learned a lot from this site and I'm sure I will learn a lot more. The workmanship of you folks is truly impressive.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Mark Doty
Hickory, North Carolina, USA

P.S. If I can help any of you please let me know. I know a little bit about pipe welding and fitting, high speed stamping, building houses, sign making and screen printing and my latest adventure.....repairing smart phones. ;D

Mark,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Mark,
I live just down the US 321 apiece in Dallas, NC and also have Sherline equipment I have been using for going on 13 or so years now. Glad you found the site as well and will look forward to your contributions. Sounds like you have many and varied interests too :) Just beware...little engines can be quite addicting !!!

Bill

Well I am glad you found this site also ;) & welcome to the forum. ;D

Hello,
I bought a Sherline lathe 20 years ago with the intentions of building small steam/air engines. Somehow I never got around to it.
Life happens glad you hung on to the dream.

Well I dug the lathe out the other day.....a little WD-40, some scotch bright pads and elbow grease and all was well.
Get some real lube on it soon . way oil is best.

I received my metal for my first engine today. I am going to attempt Elmer's Tiny.
Probably not th easiest starter but a nice size engine for a sherline. Keep at it and you will do fine need help with it ask.

I have all ready learned a lot from this site and I'm sure I will learn a lot more. The workmanship of you folks is truly impressive.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Mark Doty
Hickory, North Carolina, USA
Good to hear glad you like it here.

P.S. If I can help any of you please let me know. I know a little bit about pipe welding and fitting, high speed stamping, building houses, sign making and screen printing and my latest adventure.....repairing smart phones.
another jack of all trades. You should fit right in here. I tell folks I have done everything from aircraft mechanic to Pizza cook(reverse order) the short version.

welcome to the forum
Tin

Back