New (for me) Mill And New Shop In Process

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Sweetland

Reaction score
I bought this mill from a guy that was going to convert it to CNC. He only got as far as dismantling it. It was in his barn for almost a year with out any protection from rust.

IMG_0484resize.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

I cleaned it up using WD-40 and scotch bright pads, some elbow grease too :)

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Only need to mount the motor and the pulley for the quill and wire it up.
I need to buy some T-nuts and a vice then I can tram it in. As well as an edge finder and some collets.
The mill came with a bunch of new end mills, so I should be making chips pretty soon :)

Here are a couple of photos of the shop in my garage. The garage was built last fall. The shop part is aprox. 10' X 24'.
Still need to insulate and hang some osb. In addition I need to paint the walls and install a suspended ceiling. I am going to paint the floor as well. Oh yea, I'm looking for a used 6' slider or french doors to put in the opening between the shop and the garage.

I plan on buying a HF 9X20 lathe in May when a new shipment comes in to the warehouse.

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

Little bit at a time I guess ;D
Gerry

Gerry,

Your off to a great start and nice restoration job on the mill/drill. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back