Gear cutting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdwrench1

Reaction score
Good evening All,
Does anyone know of any good on-line or written resources on gear cutting with a mill and rotary table?

Thanks
Wayne

I routinely cut gears for model engineers using a Fellows 6A gear cutting machine. Using a dividing head is good too. Quite a lot of people have a problem knowing of the gears are at the correct depth and finished. I have an Excel file that you put he number of teeth and the tooth form, it then displays the span measurement and the number of teeth to measure across. It only works for Module pitch, but there are free converters that can be downloaded. I cane share this if it is useful . . . .

Cheers,

Colin

I routinely cut gears for model engineers using a Fellows 6A gear cutting machine. Using a dividing head is good too. Quite a lot of people have a problem knowing of the gears are at the correct depth and finished. I have an Excel file that you put he number of teeth and the tooth form, it then displays the span measurement and the number of teeth to measure across. It only works for Module pitch, but there are free converters that can be downloaded. I cane share this if it is useful . . . .

Cheers,

Colin

That would be great Colin.
Put ii in the downloads section , that way everyone could share in your experience

Thanks for the Busy Bee link Luc,
I'll put this in my next order with Busy Bee

Cheers
Wayne

Latest posts

Back