Gday from Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddo

Reaction score
Gday everyone new kid here
A bit about myself, im 18 and work as a fabricator in a small country workshop. we mainly do welding of most metals but we have a "big" lathe over in the corner that gets used every now and then, since starting work iv used the lathe the most haha.
i have a basic workshop at home unfortunately no lathe, yet. i do most of my work at home and anything i cant do at home i do after work etc. i do alot of metal work and stuff at home and restored an old holden ute that we had in the shed which i drive now.

outside of fabricating i play hockey and am heavily into motorcycles.

i like all types of problem solving and hence really enjoy work and building small engines, even though im just starting, is also very rewarding.
iv designed a few small air/steam engines based on ideas which i saw on videos on youtube before finding this site. i made a small slide valve air engine which had a very dodgy valve but still worked and now iv started on something that shows off a bit more machining skill.
im building a V twin as my first real project.
iv decided on and designed a 90 degree v twin which will have simple rotary valves for intakes and slave valves in the heads for exhaust. it will be mostly aluminium and steel, i only plan to run it on air so rusting steel from steam isnt much of a concern for this engine.

iv already found LOTS of great stuff on here and some of the skill i have seen of you guys is inspirational

Paddo,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Where in our wide brown land are you?

Best Regards
Bob

wEc1 Paddo from another Aussie.

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour,N.S.W.

welcome along there Mate
Wayne
Mt Gambier Lower South East S.A.

Hi Paddo, welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Paddo,

Welcome. It's always great to see young people have an interest in this stuff.

Bob

Latest posts

Back