Gas Engine Plans from Germany

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxFigs

Reaction score
Looking for the drawings/construction article for:

Hubert Schilling V-2 model, air-cooled, gas engine.

Also, the Hubert Shilling, single-cylinder air-cooled, gas engine

I have written to a builder of the V-2, and I was told that VTH-Verlag sold the plans online. I cannot find them, and I can't read/speak German. I'm lost....HELP!

Willing to trade drawings that I have for drafts of these engines.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

schilpr and DPowell...YES!!!!! I hit pay dirt!

Thank you... thank you.... thank you.....

schilpr: Your link that starts with the word "another" (the 5th link listed).....has the engine designed by H. Schilling. I could not find this engine when I looked. The only German I know comes from watching old WW11 movies..."The Guns of Navarone"...and all I really know is "schnell"...hardly enough words to look for some engine drawings. Now, with your help my search is over.

However, There's some very interesting designs on that other link provided by DPowell also.

I got some shopping and ordering to do.

Thanks for the very quick answers and your considerations. Much appreciated.

Frank

/// Simon:

Had no idea that the whole page could be translated. Thanks. I noticed the the reviews for the drawings. Not rated too highly. Too bad some essential parts are missing from the drawings like cam timing, and piston specs. How does a company sell incomplete plans? How do I machine the missing pieces?

Very appreciative that you posted this information.

Frank

Personally, I enjoy trying to read plans in different languages. The missing parts shouldnt be hard to figure out, but as said, they should have been included.

I tried ordering, or attempted to order from the VTH-Verlag site, and clicked on the Google translation. Up to this point, all was fine. Then I clicked on the shopping cart to start ordering, and....back to the German again. I had no idea how to get a translated ordering page, or how to change my order. I could understand nothing. So...I have to ask a friend for some help. There might be a way around this, but I can barely use a computer.

I'll get those plans, one way, or another.

Frank

Frank, let me know if you need help, translation or anything else.

I have an address in the Netherlands in case they don't ship to your location.

schilpr:

Just got out of bed this morning, - ( 7:22 AM NYC time) - and just read your generous offer. This very morning, a little later on, I will be visiting a friend who has a wife that can read German, and I will ask her to order all the plans for me. I will get those plans.

Thanks for all your help. I will probably need the forum members to help me figure out how to machine the missing parts for this V-2 engine. I know the plans are incomplete, but it's been built, so, it can be done.

Best regards,

Frank

The saga continues. Just came back after driving 80 miles to get a translation, and to order the Schilling plans. To my disgust, I found out the they don't mail to the USA....

So now I know why schilpr included his last sentence in post #9.

Plans can't be shipped to the USA????? I mean, really...give me a break.

Frank

Frank,
Look at post #9 maybe you can mail them to schilpr, and he can send them on?
Art

Thanks to Art K... and for schlpr's generous offer to help.

I do have an alternative. I have friends who will be in Zurich in early July. They will place an order these V-2 drafts, and some other plans, for me, and have them mailed to their Zurich address. They will bring back the drawings when they return to The States. So, eventually, I will get these plans.

I sure hope that good things come to those who wait.

Frank

Check: : Verbrennenmotoren BilderV2...modellmotoren Linde....Bilder V-2 for a photo-build and video of this engine.

The saga continues. Just came back after driving 80 miles to get a translation, and to order the Schilling plans. To my disgust, I found out the they don't mail to the USA....

So now I know why schilpr included his last sentence in post #9.

Plans can't be shipped to the USA????? I mean, really...give me a break.

Frank

Maybe he figured the US was too small a market, you know, not many people that build engines! :rolleyes:

At least you've got a way to get them now!

cheers, Ian

UPDATE: The plot thickens....

Less than 5 minutes ago. I received an e-mail from this German company. If I read their e-mail correctly, I will be able to have the V-2 drawings mailed to me, here, in The States.

I will try placing an order, again....

Much too difficult a process just to get some technical drawings for an engine...in my opinion. But hey, that's just me.

Frank

Quite a few european companies only set their websites up for postage within the EU mostly for tax calculations, an e-mail usually gets a quote for postage to other parts of the world.

I have also had it when ordering from the states so don't just blame the europeans for example, $160 postage if bought via the website, $12.95 if done via e-mail.

J

Hi Frank,

if You still haveproblems with the German language, email or PM to me. I probably can help.

Mike

Ordering from Germany is not the easiest. Send an email in English. You will get a response, as most speak English or have somebody working that does. They accept paypal, So I'm sure they can come up with a way to process your order. I've emailed companies for quotes and promptly received responses.

Greg

Thank you for all, the kind help, and suggestions.

This is the first time I ever attempted to order from a European country, and had no idea of what I getting myself into. In any event, I have a way of getting the site translated, and, placing an order. It may be cheaper to have the plans sent to Zurich, where they will be brought back to the US by some friends of mine. My friends have a home in Zurich, and they are going there in early, July, for a vacation holiday.

Trust me....I will get those plans one way, or, another.

Frank

The next chapter in this ridiculous story:

I had e-mailed this "VTH-Verlag" company, and asked if the drawings were available, and if they could be sent to the USA. The notified me and essentially said "yes". Since the check-out page on their site is only in German - no translations - I had to drive another 80 miles, round trip, so that a friend could order the plans for me. She speaks and reads German. Again, on the check-out page, you must give a mailing address, and there is no provision to type in "USA". The site will NOT accept this option, and there's no way to override the choices. So the company's e-mail, says "yes, we will mail drawings to the USA", and the check-out page says, "no". Just more contradictions, frustrations, and more aggravation.

At this point, high pressure steam shot out of my ears, and I was tempted to send this "VTH-Verlag" another e-mail, but this time, containing a special Bronx version, suggesting where they can stick the plans...but my friends came to the rescue and said that they would have the plans mailed to their Switzerland address, and deliver the plans to me when they returned home from their July vacation.

So eventually, I think, maybe, I'm almost sure, I will get the plans, sometime in July....that's if the plans are in stock, and everything goes as expected. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.

Frank

PS: My thanks to all those forum members who generously, offered to help me.

Back