Garage sale score

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvom

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the following useful goodies at the neighborhood sales today:

1) Nice plastic case with 20 individual compartments for sorting nuts and screws ($2)
2) Black and Decker rotary tool (like Dremel) with an assortment of bits and sanding disks ($10)
3) Drill index for numbered drills; box marked "Chicago Latrobe". Missing a few but most are there. ($5)

Plus a nice assortment of vise-grip pliers ($2 each) and the large C-man combo box wrench (1-1/2 and 1-7/16) ($4)

large.jpg

Cool find kvom.
I've gotten most of my small tools from garage and estate sales. Great resource to find stuff.

I love garage sales and flea markets. I went to the usual Friday sale at the fairgrounds today.

Bought a Black & Decker corded 1/4" drill with a cup shaped wire wheel in the chuck for $1

Got a nice hunk of bronze in the form of a one-way valve, a spanner wrench, 4 leveler feet (little things) and a blade for my circular saw for $2

Another table got me for $6. This was for 6 drill chuck keys. 4 different sizes.

The last one really hurt me. A Black & Decker Fire Storm 12V cordless drill in very good shape with battery for a whopping $2. I have the charger for this drill and extra batteries.

:)

My buy today was at a local car boot sale, picked up a box full of taps, mainly whitworth, some BSP and a few BA. i guess at about a hundred, 1st, 2nd and plug and long series. used but still life left and all for less than £20 :)
Hopefully usefull for the machines and my old car fetish :)

Latest posts

Back