First run with first elbow engine!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elias

Reaction score
It does not run very smooth or very fast but it runs, it's a great feeling when something you been working on for a while finally works!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4cB3LMnBg[/ame]

I bought a new lathe for a while ago when i got frustrated enough with my old smaller one and wanted to have something to turn eminently. That became a little wobbler engine and now this...

I didn't plan to get hook up on build steam/air engines...:p

Better show it here then call the lady down to the workshop, the most likely reaction from her is "Do you have to run the compressor in the evenings?" :)

or most likley what does it do:fan:
great work it sure gives us a buzz when it works and it will give you the incentive to do something else

Finishing is hard enough, enjoy it working! It'll probably wear in after some light oil running.

Great job Elias, looks beaut! And good call showing it exclusively here mate, I must admit it's always a bit disheartening when the wife makes the inevitable "but what is it for" comment!

cheers, Ian

Great job Elias, looks beaut! And good call showing it exclusively here mate, I must admit it's always a bit disheartening when the wife makes the inevitable "but what is it for" comment!

cheers, Ian
The next time she asks you that ask her what her jewelry and makeup are for.

Haha, yeaa i'll see if i can find a good moment to question the need for jewelry and that kind of stuff...:D

On this image you can see it without the cylinders, the shapes below the cylinders(that are not visible) to left is high pressure air from the compressor. The shapes to the right is air outlets.
The "cylinder base" on the vertical stand is connected to the horizontal

withoutcylinders.jpg

The air inlet and outlet is in the bottom below the vertical stand
withcylindersback.jpg

The Green piston is in the begining on its way out from both cylinders, This makes the cylinders spin, otherwise the piston cannot move.

The Blue piston is almost at the most outer position.
The Red piston is on its way into the cylinder and air is escaping.

Did this explain the function or did you just got more confused?
(I can confess that it took me a good while before I understood it myself)

allhh.jpg

The next time she asks you that ask her what her jewelry and makeup are for.

Ha, you clearly haven't been married long enough to know that would be a suicide mission. There's no arguing logic with a wife I've found!

Back