First engine, and a runner too

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjk

Woodworker (reformed)
Reaction score
I learned a lot building this little wobbler (Elmer's 25) and I really should have written it all down but I didn't.

Thanks to all here whose postings I studied and who answered questions while I was getting ready to attempt an engine.

There's lots to do before this guy can go to the head of the shelf as engine #1, but I couldn't resist clamping it in a vise and putting air to it.
The video was shot while I was experimenting with a big flywheel outboard of the normal one. It just chugs right along.

Special thanks to John Somers at http://start-model-engineering.co.uk/ who answered many questions.

Woodguy,

Great job!! It's a great feeling when the first one runs. Congratulations.

Bob

Congratulations on your build. It's a great feeling isn't it? You probably don't need that much flywheel for it to run. Most double acting steam engines tick over pretty good with not much flywheel action.
gbritnell

Nice going woodguy. No matter where you go from here you'll never forget your first runner. Congratulations and thanks for posting your good work. :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

Congrats Woodguy!

First runners are what sets the hobby obsession hook. ;)

Rick

Well done Woodguy - its a great feeling when your first born is a runner. Glad I was able to help.

John-Som

The first one will always be special....nice job on this one !!! It will need company though for sure so what do you have planned next? ;D

Bill

Well done Woodguy Thm:

The first runner is very special ;D - and addictive!

Regards, Arnold

Edit: Happy Birthday as well!

Congratulations! like they said, you're hooked now.

Woodguy,

Congratulations the 1st runner is a momentous happening. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Back