Finished modeling up engine, now time to build.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dennis.

Dean the fan I'm starting has a lot of similar parts to your current build.

Doc,

Great engine. Any chance you could post the DXF files? I downloaded the pdf file but the DXF files would allow me to cut the parts on my cnc without redrawing them.

Thanks, Eric

I can post as a parasolid file or dxf what software are you using to program with?
If you want a dxf file do you just want the side plates?

Autocad or solidworks then to Mastercam. How about DXF and Parasolid? :) All the drawings (not just side plates) would be great if it's not too much trouble. I may scale them up 2:1 as well.

I was hoping for the PDF drawings but in vector format but those will work thank you. I will be sure to chronicle the build on the forum once I start. It will be a 2x scale model. Thank you for the excellent model Doc.

Doc

I just saw this fantastic build thread :bow: I will be using some of your methods in my build of the same engine. If my efforts produce any thing approaching what you accomplished I will be very happy. ;D

Thanks again

Eric

Thanks Eric!
One of the motors went to My father-in-law for a gift he was very happy with it. This was about the 3rd gift of this type he has gotten from me. I'm now working on some Stirling fans with the intention of gifting him one of those also. He was eyeballing them when we went to Rollag for the western Minnesota's steam threshers reunion. So I though I would give it a shot.
The hardest part for me on the beam engine build was the little linkage parts. The eyes just aren't what they use to be I had to mount a magnifying glass to my machine for the small parts.
Thanks again for the nice comments Eric.

AllThumbs said:
I was hoping for the PDF drawings but in vector format but those will work thank you. I will be sure to chronicle the build on the forum once I start. It will be a 2x scale model. Thank you for the excellent model Doc.
You are welcome.

The drawings I did up are all separate for each part didn't do an full assembly drawing.
If you want any other format I can export it to iges, stl,step or catia just let me know.

Back