February Project of the month nominee needed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Time to nominate three builders for February . First three get to be voted on.

Thanks,

Arnold's "Fred" is a must run. All the elements are there...

good, self-styled design
excellent, workmanlike execution
very good documentation

It's an inspiration for expert and novice.

Oh, and it runs too. :)

I agree with Marv about Arnold's "Fred" though I was torn between a nomination now or waiting till it was "fully dressed" ......... anyway the decision is made now ... so .... GO "Fred"

CC

mklotz said:
Arnold's "Fred" is a must run. All the elements are there...

good, self-styled design
excellent, workmanlike execution
very good documentation

It's an inspiration for expert and novice.

Oh, and it runs too. :)

Yes but, will Arnold do a 'happy dance' for us? Rof}

I agree, this one should be on the list.

Gee, who would have dreamed that public entertainment would become a fixture here. It's all Z's fault you know. ;D

BC1
Jim

Yes but, will Arnold do a 'happy dance' for us?

Well he'll have to now, won't he - the precedent has been set!

bearcar1 said:
It's all Z's fault you know. ;D

I wholeheartedly agree :D 8) :D

CC

PS ........... plus I believe we now have 3 top class nominations ;)

bearcar1 said:
It's all Z's fault you know.

CrewCab said:
I wholeheartedly agree

What? What'd I do? Wasn't me...it was...it was them...yeah...them...you know....

I'm just a product of my environment...that's right..you people...I'm a reflection of you...you made me who I am....hahahahahahahahaha...ah...hahahahahah.

Congratulations Arnold, putputman, and Steve. You've presented a dilemma to the members.

And congratulations to everyone who presented an engine this month. I know it's no surprise...but it's been a great month.

Great choice putting Arnold in the running!

I can't find the build log on Putputman's engine. Did I miss it?

Dean

:mad: Missed my chance to nominate again. Logged in before I went to bed and when I woke up but probably missed my chance by a few hours due to time differences. I'd have to wait up all night and keep checking in the early hours of the morning to be able to nominate. What time and time zone is the 'nominations required' thread normally sent at so I have the chance to nominate?

Still, 3 good nominations.

Don't think Arv made a build log for this one but here is the link to the finished result as Tin posted. A brilliant little engine am sure everybody will agree:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=8096.0

Nick

I agree, it's a nifty little engine. Quite impressive and looks and sounds great!

I just thought it was supposed to be a project here.

Dean

I nearly had to buy a new keyboard for my workplace, and sort out office pandemonium - overturning office chairs and such like is rare in the hallway where my office is... Where's that "safety officer" when you need it? - wait... I AM the safety officer...

Monday mornings are usually not good, especially at/after month-ends, and getting a surprise like happened yesterday morning only happens to me very rarely indeed. It seems the HMEM site jinxed me; I've been trying to get this reply typed up and posted a couple of times, and each time it crashed while I tried to do so.

To understate things, I was COMPLETELY surprised at having Fred's build nominated, as well as the points made about the reasons for nomination.

I joined HMEM because of the relaxed, unselfish, helpful and supportive atmosphere created here by the members. This I greatly value, and the personal interludes on the forum and the very good friends I made here, makes HMEM not "just a forum" but a warm place for me to share a relatively rare passion in engineering. While receiving a POM nomination is indeed an honour; I have not done anything special; I'm just attempting to make dreams come true with whatever is at hand; to the best of my abilities, and trying to learn from failures and successes in the process.

Thank You is very easy to say and type; but I really mean it. To each and every member of HMEM - THANK YOU! And a special THANK YOU to the "behind-the-scenes" members who maintains the infrastructure, code, et al for this forum to live; Rick, Kevin, all our moderators and any other "behind-the-scenes" people there may be; Few people notice that roads are in good condition, with adequate lighting, good signage and road markings until some of this is missing, then they just complain about the fact that it's not there, rather than appreciating the fact that a lot of work had to go into putting it there and maintaining it. The same principle applies to I.T. - DAMHIKT

On a lighter note...
A certain last-letter-of-the-alphabet-programmer has set a "terrible" example; I wish that fad never cottoned on! But it seems like I now have a "certain obligation" towards the entertainment industry. Funny; I cannot recall actors with surnames like Kouhoupt, Duclos, Sparey et al, but I guess times are changing; I've never been good with actors' names anyway :big:. ::) And none of you have seen me dancing yet, now have you ???

Steve & Arv congratulations to you on your nominations as well - lovely builds both of them :bow:

Kind Regards, Arnold

"........ and none of you have seen me dancing yet, now have you? ......"

Well no but we might be able to let that one slide if you can sing! :big: :big:

Do you know any good lullabies? Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}

Good. ;D

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back