Fatih's Demon V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fth79

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I' m Fatih from Turkey. It very good to be here. I was walking around for a long time. I tried to read every threads. First of all my English is not good for engineering. Sorry about that.

I purchased Demon v8's plans. This is my first experience with engines. I have a good enough shop and i think i can achieve to built it up. I have build several scale ship models.

I will add my shop photos.

I have a very important question. I want to built it bigger than plans. I don' t know how can i say " double size" )

Is it a true way to make it bigger or may i face with problems with dimensions or sizes etc.

I just think i calculate all measurements times 2 and i find the dimension.

Would you please help about that. After your guidances i will start up tomorrow.

Thank you,

Fatih

I have a very important question. I want to built it bigger than plans. I don' t know how can i say " double size" )

HI good engine project since it's you're first engine build
I would stick to the plans and instructions from Steve. This way
if something goes wrong Steve will guide you . As your build goes
you could see clearance and how it fits and from there do the math
to double the size.

enjoy
:)

Doubling the plans is the easy part. Then you will need to find bearings, springs, gears, seals etc. Going double you will have a good chance of finding 2x purchased parts. Its very possible if you plan ahead and verify part availability before you start.

Hi steve,

Thank you very much for your help. I purchased plans from minicastings.com. I think the plans belongs to you :)

I have to study plans very well. I' m not a engineer so it is very hard to read them :))

Hi Steve,

You are very kind thank you very much. I will email the plans if it is possible would you please check them if they are full or not.

Fatih

It looks like you have a well equiped and set up workshop there, plenty of tool holders for the lathe.

Paul.

Thank you Paul. I have more things for lathe and milling machine. I will post update photos tomorrow.

Hi Fatih,

You have best new machineshop I have ever seen. From the looks of it,you must be a veteran machinist from the range of tools on displayed.

Warm Welcome from faraway Singapore.

I think a few of us over hear might be having envy over your shop. Looks so neat and clean and well equipped and very light...

Mine is a dark dingy room in my old basement (house from 1895) that was once the coal storage room. And I can't get my milling machine down there so it is at another location.

Looks more like show room than a shop. Very nicely done and an envy to me for sure.th_wavth_wavth_wav

Ron

Amazing workshop, I'm getting the feeling that I must clean and sort my work area as you are putting me to shame.

Paul.

Hi,

5 years ago I visited Istanbul and met up with a forum member there. Here's a thread I reported: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=10107

Unfortunately Erdem seems to have dropped off the forum, but perhaps he's still around and would be a good source of info/assistance if you recognize him from the photo. You didn't say where in Turkey you live.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I don't know him but there is a famous radio guy i think he could be. Did he say he has a partner as Cenk ?

Thank you very much guys for your kind words. I cannot work in a messy or dirty area :) thank you very much warm welcoming again.

Back